Dadonov back to Russia

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Probably for the best for him. Hope he does well, and we're here to reap the rewards if he decides to return.

Evgeni Orzabal*

Bruins 2011 2nd rounder, Alex Khokhlachev, headed to the KHL as well. I don't want to see teams I root for drafting Russians unless they are of the Ovi, Malkin, Yakupov, etc. mold.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I heard the reason they traded him was because he informed them that he was moving on. And that he did as he signed with San Jose.

Just trying to be witty...for the record I liked Matsumoto and he acquitted himself well during his brief call up...still don't understand why some of these youngsters couldn't have been considered for the 4th line. Here's to hoping some of them get considered for 4th line duties this year (cough, cough, Brett Sutter, cough, cough).

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
:help:Dadonov has been tearing up the KHL, scoring at close to the same pace as Kovalchuk. He is only 25 years old.

Question: Has anyone heard news of him returning to the NHL?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Igor Eronko ‏@IgorEronko 2h2 hours ago Moscow, Russia

#Canes hold Dadonov's rights, but he'll become an UFA on July 1st.

Looks like he was waiting just long enough to become a UFA. Too bad as the Canes could use some forward skill.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Whats up with the guy we traded Ruutu for? Thought he was decent in his 20 some games here.

Andrei Loktionov has 20 pts in 50 games this year in the KHL. Not that impressive.

But it's truly unfortunate we won't likely be getting Dadonov.

Put up 46 pts in 53 games last year & 40 pts in 50 games this season in the low scoring KHL. Also plays RW, which is something we could desperately use. His stats could be slightly inflated though due to I believe he plays on a line with Ilya Kovalchuk. Still thing he could possibly come in and become a valuable top 6 forward on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad