Salary Cap: Dadonov and Hoffman's future in Florida?

Do the Panthers re-sign both, neither or just one of the two?

• Both (trade on D to clear some cap)

• Dadonov

• Hoffman

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Has anyone changed their mind 20+ games in?
I removed my vote and will leave it until trade deadline/year's end

Daddy no doubt. I have a feeling, while highly improbable, that they both stay. This team benefits both players, and I don’t really see better situations out there for them. Maybe Hoffman, but Daddy belongs on our top line for a few more seasons.

Reactions: Miami Panther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Daddy no doubt. I have a feeling, while highly improbable, that they both stay. This team benefits both players, and I don’t really see better situations out there for them. Maybe Hoffman, but Daddy belongs on our top line for a few more seasons.

I think the thing that helps the case for both staying is the stalling of Borgstrom and Heponiemi. Would have thought he hit 30pts this year and possibly got $1.5 to 2 million on a bridge, which is not happening now.
Weegar will be the contract to watch.

A crucial piece if both do re-sign is that only one will likely get any trade/protection clauses. Probably Dadonov.
4-5 year deals seem fair for both, you have to figure at least $13-15 million combined.
It'd be nice to trade Hoffman end of next year before expansion draft, he'd have value with 3 years left and another couple 25-30 goal years in him.

If they both do re-sign, what does your roster look like with/without a trade/free agent signing etc?

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
I say Dadonov stays in Florida. Why he wouldnt get that much recognise or such a Line chemistry as he have here.
He like to play with Huberdeau and Barkov and both like him, that is a Point i would say he will not find somewhere else.

Hoffmann hard to say, his Lazer Beam shot is a weapon. Special in the PP our high PP Numbers also came along with him. If the panthers have someone like him in the Roster,(tippett but not ready yet) its hard to tell. In my current Opinion he will leave the Panthers most possible, but not on the TDL.

Why? PO and expansion Draft. Oh i speak already about PO but when the Panthers can hold this energy Level or get consistent better we get into the PO, if all stay healthy. And when we are in the PO we wanna go deep and then you need any tool you can get.
We are in the same Situation BlueJackets faced last Year, are you willed to sell and Buy or only buy to get stronger for the PO. And Panthers will be Buyers, when you believe what DT sayed in an earlier Interview.

In the End Dadonov extansion, Hoffmann most possible will leave end of the Season and Tippett or someone else takeover the place, but it will and must be someone from the Depth and Prospect pool, about the Cap Situation.

patthebat

Sep 2, 2016
Fort Lauderdale
Dadonov stays, Hoffman stays for 1-2 more years. I just do not think that Tippett is ready . Sure he's tearing up the minors, but I saw nothing from him in the little time he was up here. Hardly back checks. Reminds me a lot of Ollie Jokinen {Now if he could score like ollie :) }. totally surprised by Borgstrom, I thought he would have been much, much better by now.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Dadonov stays, Hoffman stays for 1-2 more years. I just do not think that Tippett is ready . Sure he's tearing up the minors, but I saw nothing from him in the little time he was up here. Hardly back checks. Reminds me a lot of Ollie Jokinen {Now if he could score like ollie :) }. totally surprised by Borgstrom, I thought he would have been much, much better by now.

Don't see Hoffman signing anywhere for less than 4 years. He'll want to make sure he cashes on his last big contract. Someone will give him at least 4 years at 7 per.

The plan from management must be to replace him next year with Tippett. Obviously, Tippett won't be able to replace Hoffman's production immediately, but hopefully he's ready to be a regular in the top 9.

I haven't watched much of Tippett in Springy this season, but 14 pts in 19 games and a +5 seems pretty solid to start his pro career. If he keeps that pace, I don't think anyone can really complain about it.

Only 5 rookies in the AHL put up 50+ points last season and he's on pace to do that.

Last edited:

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
Does anyone else think that Hoffman looks like Pollux Troy, Castor Troy's brother, in the 90's Smash-Hit movie Face/Off?

997FEO_Alessandro_Nivola_005.jpg

IM Clutcm

Jun 20, 2014
Miami, FL
To me, it's clear now that we don't need Hoffman.

He was a big part of our PP success last year. So just for his contribution on the PP, I thought that maybe we should keep him.

But he has 5 PP goals so far and our PP is still one of the best in the league.
Unfortunately, for whatever reason, he's unable to keep his shots on net. They always get blocked or go high. He should have a bunch more on the PP because he's still being setup, he just can't keep it on-frame.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Dadonov is a more versatile player, plus he fits in with the top line. I expect that if they retain one of them it’s him. But depending on who makes it to free agency I wouldn’t throw him 7+per just yet

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
Unfortunately, for whatever reason, he's unable to keep his shots on net. They always get blocked or go high. He should have a bunch more on the PP because he's still being setup, he just can't keep it on-frame.
It was the same thing with Brandon Pirri. At some point the opposition's PKers just figure it out. He occasionally gets one in.

Never underestimate though the fact that his presence creates room for the others. When the other four PP players capitalize on a regular basis - which the currently do - he is still valuable by just being on the ice (but just as long as he does not screw up at the blue line which has happened far too often this season).

Dads clearly the one to keep IMO because he contributes all the time everywhere on the ice while making less errors

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
It was the same thing with Brandon Pirri. At some point the opposition's PKers just figure it out. He occasionally gets one in.

Never underestimate though the fact that his presence creates room for the others. When the other four PP players capitalize on a regular basis - which the currently do - he is still valuable by just being on the ice (but just as long as he does not screw up at the blue line which has happened far too often this season).

Dads clearly the one to keep IMO because he contributes all the time everywhere on the ice while making less errors

But even Q (and everyone else saw it) is that we got too predictable. We would only pass it over to Hoffman

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
But even Q (and everyone else saw it) is that we got too predictable. We would only pass it over to Hoffman
I agree. Look at the Caps. They were serving it to Ovi constantly. No the PK tries to take him out of the play, but this necessarily creates more rooms for the Oshies, Backstroms, Kuznetsovs and Carlons.

Never bad to have a guy with a great onetimer on one side to keep the PK focused on him - and I think we all agree that Hoff has the best onetimer of all forwards

Reactions: Boothinator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad