Salary Cap: Dadonov and Hoffman's future in Florida?

Do the Panthers re-sign both, neither or just one of the two?

• Both (trade on D to clear some cap)

• Dadonov

• Hoffman

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
You’re looking at it wrong.

What rank is Hoff in even strength points? There are 31 teams. On the average, being top-93 is being top-3 on a given team. Being top-124 is top-4 on a team, and top-155 is top-5. Those are all still GOOD (first and second line) players.

It’s quite likely that even with your ranking, Hoff is GOOD 5-on-5 and SUPERIOR on PP. (Like I said, huh.)

According to NHL's stats, 35pts (#122, #113 only forwards) on even-strength points in last season and that's average point production when you have very good/above average 3rd liners breathing down your neck.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
According to NHL's stats, 35pts (#122, #113 only forwards) on even-strength points in last season and that's average point production when you have very good/above average 3rd liners breathing down your neck.
So Hoff is excelling on PP rather than slumping on even strength. (Above average is decent, not complaint-worthy.)

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
We bloody well better not pay Hoffman $9m for 8 years like Skinner!
I have no problem with it, esp if the cap will go up any and we can get him for any little bit more under that. For what he brings, he should still be good to go until about the time his contract expires. He's got one of the more dangerous shots in the league.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I have no problem with it, esp if the cap will go up any and we can get him for any little bit more under that. For what he brings, he should still be good to go until about the time his contract expires. He's got one of the more dangerous shots in the league.

You want to pay Hoffman $9m when he is 39!

Well, he will be a UFA, so I can't see him getting anything over 6 years.

Still $9m per season would be too much imo.

Reactions: stagger00

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
It feels like Hoffman scored a hattrick, and people want to pay him all the money even though he will be the wrong side of 30. He's a good player, and I would like to keep him. But lets be realistic with the price tag!

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
You want to pay Hoffman $9m when he is 39!

Well, he will be a UFA, so I can't see him getting anything over 6 years.

Still $9m per season would be too much imo.

It feels like Hoffman scored a hattrick, and people want to pay him all the money even though he will be the wrong side of 30. He's a good player, and I would like to keep him. But lets be realistic with the price tag!

Skinner was 26 when he signed his deal, Hoffman will be 30. Doubt anyone will offer him 8 years.
5 years is fair, a couple desperate teams would do 6 years for sure but 7-8 seems unlikely.

4-5 years in the $7.5 to 8.25 million range would be my guess.

Reactions: I am not exposed

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Hoffman will be seriously overpaid if he scores another 35-40 goals. Someone will overpay on term.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Hoffman will be seriously overpaid if he scores another 35-40 goals. Someone will overpay on term.
Because 40 goal scorers are worth no more than $6M? (I don’t understand your comment.)

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
right, and he'll get 7 years and 9+ million a year...
Since you started to talk about it, why don’t you suggest what would be fair and what you think someone will overpay him. All under the assumption of being a 35-40 goal scorer.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Since you started to talk about it, why don’t you suggest what would be fair and what you think someone will overpay him. All under the assumption of being a 35-40 goal scorer.
It's fair that he wants to go to free agency and he'll get 7 year, 9+ million
I would like 5 years at 7.5 but that's not realistic for him to take

Reactions: I am not exposed

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It's fair that he wants to go to free agency and he'll get 7 year, 9+ million
I would like 5 years at 7.5 but that's not realistic for him to take
Assuming there’s no significant salary cap increase (ie, using today’s numbers, and I think you were doing that), I think we could keep him for 7 x $8.5.

Question is, let’s say Dads didn’t do as well as Hoff this year but gets 22G + 28A. Let’s say Hoff is 38G + 30A. Would you keep Hoff at 7 x $8.5, or let him go and keep Dads at say 5 x $6.5?

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Hoffman will get paid but then again there wasn’t much of a trade market for him when Ottawa made him available. So I guess we’ll see he may fall in love with South FLA and take a discount

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->