Salary Cap: Dadonov and Hoffman's future in Florida?

Do the Panthers re-sign both, neither or just one of the two?

• Both (trade on D to clear some cap)

• Dadonov

• Hoffman

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.

kirkm

Oct 31, 2013
Questions for Panthers fans:

How many more years does Dadonov have left in his career?
How many points do you think he's going to get in the next couple years?
What kind of role will he have moving forward with the team?

If you think he doesn't sign, do your best guess for wherever he ends up.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

Where he end up easy. NYR or WSH if Ovi left Washington.

What he has left i would say belongs to the system he must play 45 Points.
What kind of Role he have classical 2Way Winger with focus one PP, but i dont see him on long term on the TopLine.
One of them two get the Offer till the young once reach a solid 1st Line Unit Point, that is where Both incoming are aiming.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

He'll likely get a 3-4 year deal outside FLA, I'd bet on a decline mid/late in year 3.
If playing with a good play-making C/W, 50-60pts seems fair for a couple years then 40-50pt after that.
If re-signed, he'd be a bit of a stopgap for guys like Tippett and/or Denisenko until they're consistent top 6 players.

He may play top line again next year if re-signing in FLA but my gut tells me, he won't age well for some reason.
If he signs elsewhere, I'd bet a team that has a fair bit of Russians on it.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
He'll likely get a 3-4 year deal outside FLA, I'd bet on a decline mid/late in year 3.
If playing with a good play-making C/W, 50-60pts seems fair for a couple years then 40-50pt after that.
If re-signed, he'd be a bit of a stopgap for guys like Tippett and/or Denisenko until they're consistent top 6 players.

He may play top line again next year if re-signing in FLA but my gut tells me, he won't age well for some reason.
If he signs elsewhere, I'd bet a team that has a fair bit of Russians on it.
I think he’s at most good for 50-60 for one more season, and that’s only with an elite center. After that he’ll be a younger looking Connolly.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002

If he is buddies with Nikita Gusev from their stint in St Petersburg, maybe the Devils would be a good destination? They have the cap space both short and long term. He could also fit their style of play and bump Bratt down the depth chart.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
He'll re-sign in Florida for 3-4 years. We aren't going to give Hoff the money he wants, we know that. But we still need some scoring for.next season. I could see him having one more year of 70 points, but most likely 50-60 points next couple of seasons, then declining after that. Once he starts to lose his legs, it wont be pretty.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
He'll re-sign in Florida for 3-4 years. We aren't going to give Hoff the money he wants, we know that. But we still need some scoring for.next season. I could see him having one more year of 70 points, but most likely 50-60 points next couple of seasons, then declining after that. Once he starts to lose his legs, it wont be pretty.
I wonder if Hoffman would re-sign here for a little less money. It might mean something to him to be able to play in peace without being in the media fishbowl that many other markets are. Mention Hoff on other fan pages as a possible FA signing and it doesn’t take long for the Ottawa drama to be brought up. Usually questioning his character or taking a shot at his wife. Probably doesn’t really matter to him, but I guess it’s possible that it could.

Reactions: GermanPanther

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I honestly think this mini-playoffs that panthers just played showed that Hoff is way more tuned in when it matters than Daddy. Hoff was good offensively and decent defensively. He threw a few body checks even. Based on this, and his PP production, it’s no contest performance wise.

But price? I have no idea what they’re asking.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I honestly think this mini-playoffs that panthers just played showed that Hoff is way more tuned in when it matters than Daddy. Hoff was good offensively and decent defensively. He threw a few body checks even. Based on this, and his PP production, it’s no contest performance wise.

But price? I have no idea what they’re asking.

This is Zito's first opportunity to show how good he is at the negotiation table. Regardless if the Cats manage to sign him they will be needing proven goal scoring touch from the wing. Hoffman will be one of the first guys to go in the FA market just because his ability to find space and score in the PP. Teams like the Jackets and Isles would pay premium for his services just based on their experiences in the playoffs.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
This is Zito's first opportunity to show how good he is at the negotiation table. Regardless if the Cats manage to sign him they will be needing proven goal scoring touch from the wing. Hoffman will be one of the first guys to go in the FA market just because his ability to find space and score in the PP. Teams like the Jackets and Isles would pay premium for his services just based on their experiences in the playoffs.

Yeah, plus i have the feeling the Wings will throw a massive contract offer at him, they have the cap space and dont have to worry about contracts for a few years. Hoffman will get a lot of money if he chooses to do so.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I wonder if Hoffman would re-sign here for a little less money. It might mean something to him to be able to play in peace without being in the media fishbowl that many other markets are. Mention Hoff on other fan pages as a possible FA signing and it doesn’t take long for the Ottawa drama to be brought up. Usually questioning his character or taking a shot at his wife. Probably doesn’t really matter to him, but I guess it’s possible that it could.

Maybe, but its also the term. The Panthers will have Barkov, Ekblad, Bob, and possibly Huby all signed to massive longterm contracts eating up half of the cap. They arent going to give Hoff one. And its probably a good idea not to.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Maybe, but its also the term. The Panthers will have Barkov, Ekblad, Bob, and possibly Huby all signed to massive longterm contracts eating up half of the cap. They arent going to give Hoff one. And its probably a good idea not to.
Yes, the term he will want is what worries me about re-signing him.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Yes, the term he will want is what worries me about re-signing him.
I agree. But if you’re him, and the deals are 4 years at 6.5, and 7 years at 6, he takes the latter (and becomes an anchor after year 3).

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I agree. But if you’re him, and the deals are 4 years at 6.5, and 7 years at 6, he takes the latter (and becomes an anchor after year 3).
Yep: it’s the paradox. We want to re sign him and love his value but we think he will get a contract exceeding his value

Reactions: KW

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
If he is buddies with Nikita Gusev from their stint in St Petersburg, maybe the Devils would be a good destination? They have the cap space both short and long term. He could also fit their style of play and bump Bratt down the depth chart.

Thats why i said NYR about Panarin, from there youth Days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad