Confirmed with Link: Dadanov to Vegas for Holden and a pick

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I have no faith in Dorion with respect to defenceman.

The Sens 'D' has been amongst the leagues worst for the past 3 years. It hasnt improved after yesterdays moves.

Well… he has 3 first round dman almost ready to step in …

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Holden was the whipping boy in Colorado. He gained back some solid play with NYR and was just bottom pair guy on Vegas.

Point of this trade is not Holden and none of us should have any top 4 expectations for this guy. Good depth but we needed top 4. The 3rd round pick plus huge cap relief on a guy who doesn’t fit this team is what makes this a solid win for us. Our next move could make it even better.

If the money saved (11.5 M$) by trading away Dadonov's contract is just used to finance RFAs' natural rises, it will be a major letdown though

I think it was a good deal, Holden will be a solid 1 year stop gap (if played on the 3rd pair) and a 3rd round pick was nice for a 32 y/o guy who was disappointing and owed almost 6M$ per for the next 2 seasons

But are we going to use the 3.6 saved this year though?

Agreed. Or preferably a #4 dman so we can reduce some minutes from Zaistev. Zaistev always plays better when he plays less minutes.

Yeah but would be the same for basically every D-man though.

2 more examples :

Thomas Chabot : he can thrive with 23-25 mins but if you play him close to 30 mins, his game will suffer

Cody Ceci : don't try to have him as a 23 mins top shutdown D-man, give him with easier mins for like 18 mins per GP

Reactions: Cosmix

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Yeah but would be the same for basically every D-man though.

2 more examples :

Thomas Chabot : he can thrive with 23-25 mins but if you play him close to 30 mins, his game will suffer

Cody Ceci : don't try to have him as a 23 mins top shutdown D-man, give him with easier mins for like 18 mins per GP

For sure but the gap in play is different for different players if they are overplayed. Like Chabot suffers less than Zaistev who suffers less than anyone else who suffers less then Ceci.

Ideal scenario would be to reduce Chabot, Zaistev and even Zub's minutes to ensure high level of play but that would mean we need to be comfortable with the play for our dmen at the 4-6 slots.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
For sure but the gap in play is different for different players if they are overplayed. Like Chabot suffers less than Zaistev who suffers less than anyone else who suffers less then Ceci.

Ideal scenario would be to reduce Chabot, Zaistev and even Zub's minutes to ensure high level of play but that would mean we need to be comfortable with the play for our dmen at the 4-6 slots.

There is some D-men that could be able to absorb a few more mins and responsibilities though. Maybe Zub is one of them, only played 18:23 per GP last year

Reactions: bert

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
There is some D-men that could be able to absorb a few more mins and responsibilities though. Maybe Zub is one of them, only played 18:23 per GP last year

Its possible but considering our defense was a mess for most of the season minus the last handful of games imo we need to get better 3rd pairing guys along with general talent and development.

Im not happy with the depth we got but at the same time this depth seems better then the defenseman we got last year so its progress.

Ideal scenario considering the cards that have been dealt so far would be to try and upgrade on Zaistev or Bran. But i dont see that happening.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Goodbye Daddy. Thanks for the hype mostly, and for the 2 goals in the embarrassing Leafs 5-1 comeback

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Wow I didnt notice that Holden had a such a nice playoffs last year..

Mark Stone - 19gp - 8pts

Nick Holden - 15gp - 7pts

Pretty excited to see how he does. I feel like he will be the best dman that we've acquired in the past two seasons (not including Zub).

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
That-escalated-quickly.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad