Da Beauty League

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Went to check out a couple of games yesterday.

Lee plays on a team with Kieffer Bellows and Leddy plays with Brock Nelson (who is the captain). Lots of other NHLers play (primarily Wild and MN born players). They do two, 23 minute periods. 4 on 4. They play in a high school rink and it is super cool to watch pros in this setting. Obviously the hitting is close to non existent but the speed and skill is unreal. It has the ambiance of a beer league but then you see someone turn on the jets or make an amazing play and you realize these are pros. Really fun.

I believe Lee is one of the league's leading scorers and he was certainly one of the best players out there. Scored two goals. Bellows had a goal too and at times looked dominant where he carried the play and created chances, but was a bit inconsistent. Looked pretty lost and slow at times.

Leddy played forward (not D) and also scored two goals but they came after I left. He was really flying out there though. Maybe he's the answer to JT's elusive winger. LOL. Nelson looked pretty pathetic to be honest. Lots of standing around waiting for someone to pass him the puck. No real hustle. But to be fair, it is essentially a summer rec league and the guys that were truly busting their butts were the college guys and other non-NHLers.

Mark Parrish is one of the coaches.

All in all a fun thing to do and I probably will check out another game or two. My son got a puck that Leddy shot over the netting so that made his day.

http://www.dabeautyleague.com/home

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Went to check out a couple of games yesterday.

Lee plays on a team with Kieffer Bellows and Leddy plays with Brock Nelson (who is the captain). Lots of other NHLers play (primarily Wild and MN born players). They do two, 23 minute periods. 4 on 4. They play in a high school rink and it is super cool to watch pros in this setting. Obviously the hitting is close to non existent but the speed and skill is unreal. It has the ambiance of a beer league but then you see someone turn on the jets or make an amazing play and you realize these are pros. Really fun.

I believe Lee is one of the league's leading scorers and he was certainly one of the best players out there. Scored two goals. Bellows had a goal too and at times looked dominant where he carried the play and created chances, but was a bit inconsistent. Looked pretty lost and slow at times.

Leddy played forward (not D) and also scored two goals but they came after I left. He was really flying out there though. Maybe he's the answer to JT's elusive winger. LOL. Nelson looked pretty pathetic to be honest. Lots of standing around waiting for someone to pass him the puck. No real hustle. But to be fair, it is essentially a summer rec league and the guys that were truly busting their butts were the college guys and other non-NHLers.

Mark Parrish is one of the coaches.

All in all a fun thing to do and I probably will check out another game or two. My son got a puck that Leddy shot over the netting so that made his day.

http://www.dabeautyleague.com/home

Love this and maybe I'll make the trip next year if I can pair this with the state fair. The bic jersey is incredible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->