D Ville Heinola - Manitoba Moose, AHL (2019, 20th, WPG)

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
https://dobberprospects.com/player/ville-heinola/

"Heinola started this season in Jr. A SM-liiga but after putting up nine points in nine games, he was called up to the Liiga squad. Heinola’s performance in the Liiga has been so impressive that he’s stayed up ever since, and it’s looking very unlikely he would be sent back to junior ever again. "

You can read more observations about him from that link.

Reactions: Keke

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Looking like he made the WJC team as a 17 year old, and may even slot into the top 4.

Haven’t really seen much discussion on him, so kind of surprised he made it over Thomson and Kokkonen (or at least outlasted them).

Potential riser?

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Looking like he made the WJC team as a 17 year old, and may even slot into the top 4.

Haven’t really seen much discussion on him, so kind of surprised he made it over Thomson and Kokkonen (or at least outlasted them).

Potential riser?
Well he is a late first/early second for me and for some Finnish scouts. I don't know if he'll make it to the WJC roster as there are couple of older guys who might made it before him. He arrived later to the Canada than others because he was sick. I don't know if that was a reason why he didn't play against Denmark.

He is a very good modern puck moving defenseman, who has been real good defensively for Lukko. He has gotten better offensively in his last games. I am a huge fan of him.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Well he is a late first/early second for me and for some Finnish scouts. I don't know if he'll make it to the WJC roster as there are couple of older guys who might made it before him. He arrived later to the Canada than others because he was sick. I don't know if that was a reason why he didn't play against Denmark.

He is a very good modern puck moving defenseman, who has been real good defensively for Lukko. He has gotten better offensively in his last games. I am a huge fan of him.

Thanks for the input!

Would be cool to see him make it and play well as a 17 year old.

Reactions: FinPanda

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
I really think the kid is a top 20 worthy pick in the draft. He is a first pairing D-man in Liiga and has progressed a ton during this season. If he has good U-20s and is able to be a dominate offensive U-18 tourney he will definitely turn some heads.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah, he’s looked pretty good so far for a 17 year old.

FinPanda

Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Had a very good tournament until he got injured.. Too bad as I would've liked to see him play more.

I expected a lot from him and he delivered. I think some scouts will rank him in the 1st round now. Hopefully his injury isn't too serious that he would miss like a month or two.. Let's cross fingers.

king89

Dec 4, 2018
Had a very good tournament until he got injured.. Too bad as I would've liked to see him play more.

I expected a lot from him and he delivered. I think some scouts will rank him in the 1st round now. Hopefully his injury isn't too serious that he would miss like a month or two.. Let's cross fingers.

Craig Button list him at #23 , I'd say thats realistic after his good WJC.
https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-hughes-stays-ahead-of-kakko-after-world-juniors-1.1237475

Reactions: FinPanda

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Watched a couple of his games shift-by-shift recently and I quite like the way he plays and the high-level hockey sense and efficiency that he displays on a nightly basis. I don't see sky-high upside in Heinola, but I'm pretty sure he could be a really serviceable second-pairing defenseman if he continues to develop.

At this point, given what I know of him and what I've seen on the ice, I think he's solidified his position inside the latter half of the first round of this year's draft.

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
His vision is really good, his smallish frame and good stick remind me of Heiskanen allthough Heiskanen is probably better skater, shooter and better on own end. I think Heinolas vision is better and Heinola is definiyely top15 pick for me.

Reactions: Ippenator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad