D Ville Heinola - Manitoba Moose, AHL (2019, 20th, WPG)

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Lol is this kid the jets #1 Dman now man jets have been hit hard with bad luck this year either way this kid is a stud

He is on first pair by default, like Pionk.

Just think about it. A first pairing of
Neal Pionk and Ville Heinola.

Just think. About. It.

:laugh:

That is the worst "NHL" defense I can recall.

Winnipeg D for tonight:

Heinola-Pionk
Dahlstrom-Kulikov
Bitteto-Poolman

I don't think any of them would get picked on waivers.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

Just think. About. It.

Winnipeg D for tonight:

Heinola-Pionk
Dahlstrom-Kulikov
Bitteto-Poolman

Dahlstrom literally just got claimed. By us. And absolutely Heinola and Pionk would get claimed.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Dahlstrom literally just got claimed. By us. And absolutely Heinola and Pionk would get claimed.

Heinola is not waiver eligible.

The fact Winnipeg was able to claim him kind of proves my point that nobody else has claimed him.

Pionk sucks, can't play D and is overpaid at 3 millions.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Heinola is not waiver eligible.

The fact Winnipeg was able to claim him kind of proves my point that nobody else has claimed him.

Pionk sucks, can't play D and is overpaid at 3 millions.
Anybody can go on waivers. He just doesn't need waivers to be sent down.

Pionk has a narrative. He's not amazing defensively but also he's not as bad as that narrative claims. He's absolutely worth 3 million short term and there is no doubt in my mind that he would be claimed on waivers.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

Pionk has a narrative. He's not amazing defensively but also he's not as bad as that narrative claims. He's absolutely worth 3 million short term and there is no doubt in my mind that he would be claimed on waivers.
Ok then, I agree someone would take your recent first round pick defenseman for free. Happy?

Pionk has more than a "narrative", but I guess you'll find out soon enough.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Geeze hes an impressive player. I woulda never thought from this draft that Heinola and Bjornfot would be impressing me the most

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Ok then, I agree someone would take your recent first round pick defenseman for free. Happy?

Pionk has more than a "narrative", but I guess you'll find out soon enough.
You created the set of 6 defensemen, defined it, and stated "none of these players would be claimed on waivers".

If I put up a list with the names "Crosby, Malkin, Killorn, Thornton, Bergeron" and followed it up with "All the players on this list are hall of fame players" would you naturally assume that I meant to keep Killorn out of the list?

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca

Just think. About. It.

Winnipeg D for tonight:

Heinola-Pionk
Dahlstrom-Kulikov
Bitteto-Poolman

Been here since 2014, 2000+ posts, but don't seem to know anything about waivers. Weird.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

Yup. It's literally mandatory that if you're planning to terminate a SPC either through a buyout or the dirty way, the SPC and the player attached needs to be offered around the league on unconditional waivers before doing it (only guys with a full NTC being an exception of sorts).

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yup. It's literally mandatory that if you're planning to terminate a SPC either through a buyout or the dirty way, the SPC and the player attached needs to be offered around the league on unconditional waivers before doing it (only guys with a full NTC being an exception of sorts).
Full NMC, players with NTCs can go on waivers

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Full NMC, players with NTCs can go on waivers
Damn, I didn't check it up before posting, and you are correct. It's funny if a player has a full 30-team no trade list that his SPC could still be assigned to any of them through a waivers, but this seems to be the case.

Though, it is in line with the fact that partial NTC won't protect you from being claimed by a team on your no-trade list, so I guess it's sensible.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Have to say the Jets lucked out big time, cause that Trouba trade really bit hard, but they where able to grab Heinola with that pick and I think even if he would never grow up anywhere close to Trouba's frame, he has a very solid chance of becoming the better player in the long run. That vision & IQ is just so transparent with everything he's doing out there, both defensively and offensively. Been nothing sort of terrific and even has the chance to battle for the Calder if all goes well.

Funny how the scouts keep overlooking how hard it is to score in the FEL. Heinola broke Heiskanen's record for the most points at the same age and still didn't really get much of recognition. Easily a top ten pick looking back now, but of course anything can change within the next years - for the good and "bad".

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Have to say the Jets lucked out big time, cause that Trouba trade really bit hard, but they where able to grab Heinola with that pick and I think even if he would never grow up anywhere close to Trouba's frame, he has a very solid chance of becoming the better player in the long run. That vision & IQ is just so transparent with everything he's doing out there, both defensively and offensively. Been nothing sort of terrific and even has the chance to battle for the Calder if all goes well.

Funny how the scouts keep overlooking how hard it is to score in the FEL. Heinola broke Heiskanen's record for the most points at the same age and still didn't really get much of recognition. Easily a top ten pick looking back now, but of course anything can change within the next years - for the good and "bad".

And he scored the majority of those points in second half, then killed it in the playoffs. He's been on another level since xmas last year.

Reactions: hn777

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
His girlfriend lives in Finland though, so they don’t see each others all the time. I have understood that she does stay with him in Winnipg for some parts of the season, but it’s really not that long times at once and not many times per season either. She has her obligations in Finland.

You understood my joke, right???. My post was a joke.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
You understood my joke, right???. My post was a joke.
Probably so, but best to use the sarcasm emote still when discussing something like that, if you mean it as a joke. It’s pretty hard to know for sure when someone is joking or just making their absurd speculations on these boards. And when something is posted in such way without a sarcasm emote, some people can easily take the posted stuff as some kind of real information. I usually tend to comment on those kind of misleading posts, even if I suspect that the post itself might be a joke.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Probably so, but best to use the sarcasm emote still when discussing something like that, if you mean it as a joke. It’s pretty hard to know for sure when someone is joking or just making their absurd speculations on these boards. And when something is posted in such way without a sarcasm emote, some people can easily take the posted stuff as some kind of real information. I usually tend to comment on those kind of misleading posts, even if I suspect that the post itself might be a joke.

I thought the dots at the end was quite itself explanatory

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad