Prospect Info: D Ty Smith

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
eckford, burlon, omg... these names coming back...

jesus christ was conte a closet alcoholic or something?
that's gotta be a rhetorical question right

image.jpg

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Working on a shift-by-shift video of Smith from the WHL Playoffs. This is going to be tougher because he's all over the ice :laugh:. I should have it uploaded by tomorrow.

There was one game in the WHL Playoffs where Smith registered 9 shots on goal. I didn't pick this particular game because I want to get some games that aren't just peak performances for him. Regardless I'm still so pumped that we got this guy in our system. Word is that he'll be the captain of the Chiefs for next season.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Working on a shift-by-shift video of Smith from the WHL Playoffs. This is going to be tougher because he's all over the ice :laugh:. I should have it uploaded by tomorrow.

There was one game in the WHL Playoffs where Smith registered 9 shots on goal. I didn't pick this particular game because I want to get some games that aren't just peak performances for him. Regardless I'm still so pumped that we got this guy in our system. Word is that he'll be the captain of the Chiefs for next season.

Who own de Chiefs? Owns! Owns!

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
This was actually my favorite write-up. It didn't seem like recycled anecdotes from 50 other sources. There's a lot to like an a potential warning about stat inflation playing with elite forwards, but I thought this was a very sane analysis. It made me like Ty Smith more.

One thing I want people to realize - Smith may have fewer points for Spokane now that Elyniuk and Yamamoto won't be there. It doesn't mean he isn't good.

Reactions: deflowd

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
One thing I want people to realize - Smith may have fewer points for Spokane now that Elyniuk and Yamamoto won't be there. It doesn't mean he isn't good.
Anderson Dolan, Zummack (invited to leafs camp) and McGrew will all still be there, Torporoski had a big playoffs as a 16 year old. McIndoe was a 20 goal scorer as an 18 year old. Plus you have all the 20 year old veterans, this team will score a lot again next season.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

I'd like to see the 9 shot game. The other games I've seen have been him playing what I considered a conservative style.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Here's the shift-by-shift video! This was game 6 of the first round of the WHL Playoffs vs. Portland. 4/2/18

Yes, that's correct. Smith logged upwards of 29 minutes of ice-time in this game. Kid's got lungs of steel.

Hate to say it, but this shift by shift already exists.

Camille the Eel

Here's the shift-by-shift video! This was game 6 of the first round of the WHL Playoffs vs. Portland. 4/2/18

Yes, that's correct. Smith logged upwards of 29 minutes of ice-time in this game. Kid's got lungs of steel.

Kid is a superb skater - as good as you will see - plus very fluid with the puck on his stick - he’s almost always 1 step ahead of everyone else on this footage.

Left hand shot but, curiously, playing right defense in this game with Spokane.

So does he project as a left or right side defender going forward? Or is it too early to tell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad