D Thomas Harley - Mississauga Steelheads, OHL (2019, 18th, DAL)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Didn't go particularly well I think it's safe to say, but that's not entirely his fault. The entire team was bad. Tough first game to come into.

Disappointed they didn't put him on the powerplay at all, even when the team was losing 4-0. Just bad coaching as usual for the Stars

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
How was his season??? Strictly stat watching it looks pretty impressive for his first pro season with 25 points in 38 games

Anyone see him play?? When do you guys figure he will be an NHL regular??

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
How was his season??? Strictly stat watching it looks pretty impressive for his first pro season with 25 points in 38 games

Anyone see him play?? When do you guys figure he will be an NHL regular??
I saw him a couple of times. He looked impressive- one of the better AHL players I saw. Reminds me of Chychrun, a little bit.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
He had a good season, COVID hurt a lot of players development and progress but I think COVID was great for Harley. He got into the AHL a year early and propelled his development.

In a normal season, he would have been bored dominating the OHL a league he has already outgrown. Getting into the AHL this year gives him a leg up on making the NHL next season.

Reactions: Kcb12345

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Thomas Harley finally got called up yesterday! Here is one analyst's opinion of his performance last night:

What do you guys think of Harley nowadays? People have been going back and forth on him for a number of years, but he has overall been held in high regard. He seems somewhat blocked on the current Stars roster, but maybe he can break through for the rest of this season and probably for the entire season next year. His offensive output in the AHL seemed to decrease a bit this year, but I have heard it was due to him working on his defensive game. Does anyone have any additional insight?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
He's been marinating for a while with Texas, seems to have helped his development.

Hopefully by next season he's a steady top-4 option for Dallas.

I didn't really notice him last night, which I think is a good thing. No costly errors, turnovers, anything like that.

Reactions: LT and Torts

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Thomas Harley finally got called up yesterday! Here is one analyst's opinion of his performance last night:

What do you guys think of Harley nowadays? People have been going back and forth on him for a number of years, but he has overall been held in high regard. He seems somewhat blocked on the current Stars roster, but maybe he can break through for the rest of this season and probably for the entire season next year. His offensive output in the AHL seemed to decrease a bit this year, but I have heard it was due to him working on his defensive game. Does anyone have any additional insight?

There are prospects I remember all my life though some have changed; some forever not for better; some have gone and some remain; all those prospects have their talents with defenders and forwards I still can recall; some are buried in the minors. In my life I’ve cheered for them all.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yup. Yet another reason why they didn't re-sign Klingberg(besides the fact that he is shit).

BigTomBomber

Nov 17, 2017
was very good in the playoffs and has a nice start to the year with 7 goals despite missing some games. Likely to be regularly paired with Miro soon so expect his numbers to increase

Appears to be a solid mid 1st rd pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad