D Theo Lindstein - Brynas IF J18, J18 Region (2023, 29th, STL)

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Mikko Manner the coach of Brynäs said about him "he is called up becsue he is a very very good player".

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Thought he was ok in his debut, he was a little nervous(fell twice in his first or second shift), otherwise invisible.

Lineup today has the 3rd pairing swapped with the extra D's/4th pairing from last game, so we'll see if that'll reflect deployment.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
More space was opened up for him when John Nyberg left for LHC.

Bertilsson is always injured and Berglund/Bergman have been bad.

i could see Lindstein get quite many minutes and games in SHL this season.

CoSi

Nov 15, 2021
5 points today! Going to be interesting to track him this year, couldn't produce in J20 last year but got a dozen SHL games in as a 16/17-year-old.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I thought Lindstein was average at the Hlinka. But average for a defenseman in this draft could be good enough for first round. There are very few good defensemen in the upcoming draft, and a number of the ones with first round potential are shorter than 6'0. Lindstein being 6'0 and a solid two-way game is going to at least get consideration in the 20's range. Could be higher, but nothing about his game really pops to me.

Reactions: VictorLustig

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Due to an illness today he stepped into the top pair for Brynäs and has played really well from what I've seen. Just scored his first SHL goal, too, to bring Brynäs 2-1 over Malmö with 3 minutes to go.

His goal:

Last edited:
Reactions: GoBoltz56

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Will be interesting to see where Theo ends up going.

He struggled to start the season(should be noted that he was in a car crash in the off-season, which might have affected him).

Since a few games back he has been playing on Brynäs' top pairing(this time without any injuries/illnesses to other Brynäs dmen) and looks like he belongs in the SHL now, needs to get stronger though.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

His apple on the GWG in OT2 to keep Brynäs alive in the play-outs. Was Brynäs' 7D in the first 2 games where Brynäs got blown out 5-2, has since moved up to play with Sklenicka again on the 2nd pairing and gotten the ice time to go along with it.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad