Prospect Info: D Taige Harding, Providence Friars

JLarucci23

May 22, 2015
Chicago, IL
So why dont we like him? I been watching some clips and to be honest, he looks like a pretty nice player. Kid is huge, can skate very well, has a little skill to his game and he doesn't mind laying the body?

Reactions: Muffinalt

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
so because they're the same size and played for same junior team they might be similar players...seems like people think he had no business going in the 3rd round

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
So why dont we like him? I been watching some clips and to be honest, he looks like a pretty nice player. Kid is huge, can skate very well, has a little skill to his game and he doesn't mind laying the body?

I reckon too many Hawks fans think every drafted Dman needs to be like a smaller version of Dougie.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
I reckon too many Hawks fans think every drafted Dman needs to be like a smaller version of Dougie.
Nah, this board shits on anything this team does.

Draft small? f*** Stan.
Draft big? f*** Stan.

But I get it, spoiled fan base with Cup withdrawals. Or should I say, privileged Cup fans, that's more modern.

Times are tough and the pissing and moaning is par for the course.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Nah, this board shits on anything this team does.

Draft small? f*** Stan.
Draft big? f*** Stan.

But I get it, spoiled fan base with Cup withdrawals. Or should I say, privileged Cup fans, that's more modern.

Times are tough and the pissing and moaning is par for the course.

There's a lot more to it than that. Stan is a f***-up who happens to be the son of a legend and never was qualified to be a GM.

Reactions: ray c

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
This guys career trajectory is almost a spitting image of Parakyo it’s actually kinda scary. I’m not sure if he inherited his size in the short timeframe Colton did but looks like it’s a real boom bust with him

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
From the below article, looks like Harding is staying with his current junior team. Have to think the Blackhawks and his future college team in '22 (Providence) was hoping he'd go to the USHL for this upcoming season. The USHL is a step up from the AJHL in Canada where he's going to play - and would only help in his development.

“It Was Pretty Surreal” MOB Defender Taige Harding Drafted By Chicago Blackhawks
I think another year in AJHL would be good. USHL is not much of a step up. AJHL is a real rough physical league and will be good training for his physical play.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Maybe he is not trying to move up too fast to nature he doesn’t end up like a lot of our prospects …..rushed and not ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad