Speculation: D system

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
I wonder if Carlyle would have abandon his stupid wingers crash low system way earlier in the season would have things turned out differently. Yeah I know it's hard to guess but that system is terrible and never worked for this team day one.

Imagine if they allowed the wingers to stay high and covered the points would we have cut down the points shots and resulting cycling by the opposition.

I really wonder if these guys are really that bad or is this system really making them look really bad. Yeah I know we have some soft guys like Kessel, Kadri, Raymond but if they played in a system that was how everyone learned hockey would they have been that bad.

For all of you who played hockey growing up was this how you learned to play hockey? Wingers being below the hash marks and allowing your D to be wide open

I look at other teams breaking out with crisp passes to the C down low who feed the winger and then goes with speeds or winger chips to C who then skates out. Instead our wingers are down low and chasing after the puck rimmed along the wall by the D. The D have no option to move the puck cause the winger is low and not where they should be according to convention hockey.

I wonder if they brought in a coach who teaches a simple D system that most learned growing up would it be any different?

Now that being said some guys will be moved regardless of system like franson who is just to slow.

Guys like Kessel will be soft in any system but you can minimize that by having them get out of their zone quickly by playing good D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad