Proposal: D. Strome for L. Brown

cj19

Jul 21, 2016
They are both big centres who have lots of potential but both equally have as many question marks about their game.

D. Strome would get a fresh start with a new team (Ottawa)....

Arizona would get a prospect in Brown who plays a similar game to Strome -Brown has the potential to be a second line centre one day in the NHL...

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Lateral trade I don't see either side making. Strome is more proven considering he's already produced great numbers in a pro league, and Brown has proven nothing besides dominating kids.

As an Ottawa fan, I'd take Strome by a hair though. I could deal with average speed, but Brown's work ethic and effort gives me pause.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
They are both big centres who have lots of potential but both equally have as many question marks about their game.

D. Strome would get a fresh start with a new team (Ottawa)....

Arizona would get a prospect in Brown who plays a similar game to Strome -Brown has the potential to be a second line centre one day in the NHL...
I wouldn’t call Ottawa a fresh start

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I would consider it. Some of us in AZ think Strome has fallen out of favor with the coaching staff. If that's the case he will never get the opportunity to play. I think strome will be a bit better but not necessarily with the Coyotes.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Arizona has waited patiently all these years. Strome dominated the AHL as a rookie. In his last call up, he put up 8pts in the final 10 games of the season. He seems FINALLY poised to make the team and make an impact.

Perfect time to trade him for another project prospect that’s even further away?

This makes absolutely no sense.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Depends if Strome can pick up where he left off..
...and there is always that disappearing when the going gets tough.

Brown has more value, winning a Mem Cup, in that regard at least.
I also think Bracco was more deserving of the MVP

slimbob8

Aug 11, 2016
Lateral trade I don't see either side making. Strome is more proven considering he's already produced great numbers in a pro league, and Brown has proven nothing besides dominating kids.

As an Ottawa fan, I'd take Strome by a hair though. I could deal with average speed, but Brown's work ethic and effort gives me pause.

I don't see anything lateral about this at all. Strome has much, much more value and potential than Brown.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->