D Stian Solberg - Vålerenga, Norway (2024 Draft)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Nice willingness to jump in and score today.

He's not a PP guy, really no manipulation on the blueline to speak of but his defensive game is great.

A lot like Maxim Strbak was in his draft year.

Reactions: Realgud

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Been one of my favourites since the beginning of the year. Hoping he’s there in the 20’s so the Canucks can grab him.

Solberg
Freij
Fischer
Shuravin
Sahlin Wallenius
Ustinkov

Could all be late 1st round picks. Such a strong draft for defenceman.

Reactions: Antonche

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
You change it often enough. And I’m sure this isn’t your first account. And nobody cares which threads you made and nobody ever will.
I‘m just letting you know I made the thread, since you think I have never seen the player before with the condescending remark you made. Kind just proved to that, yes. I have seen the player before. Notorius or infamous, ion care. You know what to expect with my name pops up in your notification.

Lavar Ball

Neva Lost
Apr 23, 2022
Chino Hills, CA
I‘m just letting you know I made the thread, since you think I have never seen the player before with the condescending remark you made. Kind just proved to that, yes. I have seen the player before. Notorius or infamous, ion care. You know what to expect with my name pops up in your notification.
Lol no way you are talking about a "condescending remark" after the way you replied to his initial post...

and because you claim to know something about this player just because you made the thread... why did you spam like 10 threads yesterday of random players and ask if anyone else had any info on them? Shouldn't you be giving us the info if you are making the thread?

You obviously make threads of kids you know little to nothing about and have just stat watched

Reactions: thrillhous

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Lol no way you are talking about a "condescending remark" after the way you replied to his initial post...

and because you claim to know something about this player just because you made the thread... why did you spam like 10 threads yesterday of random players and ask if anyone else had any info on them? Shouldn't you be giving us the info if you are making the thread?

You obviously make threads of kids you know little to nothing about and have just stat watched
I have never said I didn't stat watch. I am one of the VERY few posters on this section that admit to doing It and doing it on the regular. I don‘t try to hide it. im an excellent stat watcher though

I didn’t “spam“ 10 threads. I made what, 5? Threads of kids that deserve threads because of the seasons that they’re having. I don‘t know anything right now, but with making the threads I hope to learn more on the players at hand from individuals that may have more info than me. Over time, I will get to watch these players, and appropriately judge them as I have with Solberg.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I take it all back. I’m actually extremely impressed. You are very important.

rt

May 13, 2004
Been one of my favourites since the beginning of the year. Hoping he’s there in the 20’s so the Canucks can grab him.

Solberg
Freij
Fischer
Shuravin
Sahlin Wallenius
Ustinkov

Could all be late 1st round picks. Such a strong draft for defenceman.
Will be great to see Solberg vs Ustinkov in the same game for a head to head.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Yeah, he was poor. Caught out of position in nowhereland on the Swiss goal as well. At least he's still in the game though. Can't say the same about Muggli after his awful boarding:laugh:
Puck has been a grenade on his stick, although because it was, Norway was able to score the first goal after he missed the puck at the blueline.

• Wow
Reactions: Blueston

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Handles the puck like a grenade, made a brutal giveaway for the 4-2 goal as a result. Don’t expect him to provife much offence in the NHL

Reactions: Realgud

rt

May 13, 2004
Handles the puck like a grenade, made a brutal giveaway for the 4-2 goal as a result. Don’t expect him to provife much offence in the NHL
He made a quick one touch short (6ft) pass back to the centerman. It got by him and right on the tape for a German. What Solberg should have done was handle the puck and just skate it out of the zone. He had time. He didn’t do a good job of scanning the ice and then managing the puck. In his defense, if that C corralled the pass, Norway would’ve had numbers. Bad decision and poor execution in a big moment. Won’t help him on draft day.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Solberg scored 2 goals in Vålerengas game 7 win over Stavanger in the Norwegian Elite League - 5-4 win, and will play in the finals. Impressive.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad