LD Samuel Knazko - Seattle Thunderbirds, WHL (2020, 78th, CBJ)

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
According to his game log, he is not a prime defensman yet in TPS junior team. Maybe in year or two.
4 pts in last 5 games, in arguably the 3rd (?) Best junior league in the world. He’s playing more and more as season has progressed. TOI is revealing stat especially for young player. Last 3 games- 19 mins, 23 mins, 20 mins. Much better than start where he was hovering around 16 mins per game. I know he won’t be selected to WJC team but wouldn’t mind seeing him play some pre tournament games and rest guaranteed players (fehervrary, Ivan)

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
4 pts in last 5 games, in arguably the 3rd (?) Best junior league in the world. He’s playing more and more as season has progressed. TOI is revealing stat especially for young player. Last 3 games- 19 mins, 23 mins, 20 mins. Much better than start where he was hovering around 16 mins per game. I know he won’t be selected to WJC team but wouldn’t mind seeing him play some pre tournament games and rest guaranteed players (fehervrary, Ivan)

I'd say it goes OHL, WHL/QMJHL, SuperElit, MHL/Jr.ASM, USHL, DNL.
So probably the 4th or 5th best Junior league, though you could make an argument it is close to SuperElit level. The reason I find some of the Euro junior leagues to be not as top tier is their best kids often go up a level to a lower tier pro league, whereas the Canadian leagues tend to keep a lot of kids until at least 19 which doesn't dilute the overall product.

Reactions: Mysteric1000

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I'd say it goes OHL, WHL/QMJHL, SuperElit, MHL/Jr.ASM, USHL, DNL.
So probably the 4th or 5th best Junior league, though you could make an argument it is close to SuperElit level. The reason I find some of the Euro junior leagues to be not as top tier is their best kids often go up a level to a lower tier pro league, whereas the Canadian leagues tend to keep a lot of kids until at least 19 which doesn't dilute the overall product.
USHL is better than the European leagues. Czech junior league is clearly the last one, for whatever reason they decided to go with a U19 format instead of U20, so the quality suffered. (Though the U16 league might have gotten marginally better.)

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
USHL is better than the European leagues. Czech junior league is clearly the last one, for whatever reason they decided to go with a U19 format instead of U20, so the quality suffered. (Though the U16 league might have gotten marginally better.)

In some aspects I'd say yes. The USDP team usually has the best of the best and the rest of the good players are typically off to College by 18/19 including those in the U17/U18 USDP teams. The quality isn't all that great in the USHL in my opinion. League seems to be tough to put up points in for whatever reason though.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
USHL is not better than the J20 SuperElit.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
seeing him play some pre tournament games and rest guaranteed players (fehervrary, Ivan)

That doesn't make any sense. They should play the team, that we can see on the WJC. They must play the system, because almost everybody is playing in other teams. There is no time for Trying young players. Only in April, when they test new players for next season.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Currently second in defensive scoring on his team, yet coach doesn’t seem to want to give him bigger minutes. Very inconsistent minutes, he is getting. 11 minutes one game than 20 the next.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Samuel currently has 14 pts in 43 games this season in the sm-Liiga. He is the highest scoring u17 dman in the league and it’s not really close (next closest has 5 pts). Sneaky chance at being picked in the top 15 in 2020?

james12

Mar 31, 2018
Samuel currently has 14 pts in 43 games this season in the sm-Liiga. He is the highest scoring u17 dman in the league and it’s not really close (next closest has 5 pts). Sneaky chance at being picked in the top 15 in 2020?

Top 50 overally for sure. Among D-men top 10.

lostinwarsaw

A Slovak living in Belgium
Feb 26, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
His TOI is very strange according to his game log, one night he gets 15 mins, than the next 23 and than next 8 mins. Even games where he gets points and is a positive in terms of +/-. Must be the eye test I’m missing

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
His TOI is very strange according to his game log, one night he gets 15 mins, than the next 23 and than next 8 mins. Even games where he gets points and is a positive in terms of +/-. Must be the eye test I’m missing

He is still very young. Only 16 years old. Dont forget, he plays Finnish U20 league. Not U18.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad