RD Ryan Siedem - Univ. of Notre Dame, NCAA (2019 undrafted)

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Mock drafts are coming to an end so i'll post my analysis on him, he's a huge darkhorse in this years draft imo:

"Pretty much a complete 2 way dman. Fluid skater, has amazing poise, very high IQ, good breakouts, tight defensive gap, plays both PP/PK, plays top pair ES minutes, uses body well defensively. I look at him now and can't stop thinking about how he could progress into a Slavin-esque player. Main thing he needs to work on is his shot, he's already extremely solid defensively but i also think he has the tools to take his offensive game to another level.

Pretty sure I've picked him in every mock draft I've been in so far. Safe floor and high upside."

Last edited:
Reactions: QJL

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Yeah, this guy has really flown under the radar. He’s going to be in my final top 100 list.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Pretty much a complete 2 way dman. Fluid skater, has amazing poise, very high IQ, good breakouts, tight defensive gap, plays both PP/PK, plays top pair ES minutes, uses body well defensively.
Glad to hear that. I have created a simple model to identify D-men after the second round. Siedem is at the top of the list.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Passed through two NHL Drafts without being selected but I wonder what scouts make of his season in Fargo after he led Force defensemen in scoring.

Is he just perceived as a 20-year-old with a year of college experience playing against teenagers or is there something worth pursuing?

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Third in points for Notre Dame (leading Irish defensemen). Is a senior and not a fifth-year (spent the COVID season in the USHL.

Fighting Irish were picked for last in the Big 10 but are right in the hunt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad