D Ryan Murphy (2011, 12th overall, Carolina) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
He's been passed and it's probably time to move on for both sides. He had plenty of chances to grab a spot but never could. With a system that heavily favors defense and the guys ahead of him, he'd have to do a 180 stylistically to have a shot at a spot with Faulk, Slavin, Pesce, Hanifin, Hainsey, and Wisniewski easily ahead of him. Not to mention Fleury, McKeown, and Carrick as younger guys hanging around for their shot. Hopefully moved for a similarly stagnating forward in the offseason.

I would love him on the Toronto Maple Leafs. They badly need, and crave a RD with speed for todays NHL game. We just aquired Connor Carrick who is somehwhat similiar. 5'10, speedy, offensive first defenseman.

What would it take to get him from the leafs? Leivo is a 22 year old brusing 6'2 power forward. Murphy FOR Leivo?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I think some people will be surprised with how little Murphy gets back in a a trade. My guess is he'll be part of a package, where he isn't the main piece. The guy is a fantastic skater and has tons of skill, but hasn't (yet) been able to put it together. I question his hockey sense, but it could just be confidence or taking longer to adjust to the speed of the game.

I do think he's the odd man out in Carolina for the reason that Peters and Francis want big, mobile puck moving 2-way defensemen. With Faulk on the team, he'll never get #1 PP unit time which is where he should shine either.

Faulk: only 6'0, but built like a tank at 215 lbs
Hanifin: 6'3", 206 and just turned 19
Slavin: 6'2", 205 and only 21
Pesce: 6'3", 200 and just turned 21
Fleury: 6'3", 207 at 19
McKeown: 6'1", 195 and just turned 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad