LD Philip Broberg - Skellefteå AIK, SHL (2019, 8th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Which facts did I make up? Referencing some scantly related post that doesn't address what I asked to get some credit with a fan who roots for the same team as you is more off-topic than anything I wrote. I was discussing the player, you seem to want to purposely distort what I had asked of the disrespectful person who hated on me for posting something I think most people would agree about.

Getting back to discussion of the player, I don't agree with most of what the @TheWhiskeyThief says, but it's not a terrible comparison. I also made the distinction that I think he will be slightly better offensively than Skjei. Skjei is a middle pairing defensemen. It's not unrealistic to think that a slightly better offensive player than Skjei with the 8th pick in a weak defensemen draft is Broberg's likely outcome. Thats not a bad outcome. Thats probably safely a #3, maybe a #2. If he had a better likely outcome than that, he's probably getting picked higher than 8th.

I liked Broberg before the draft.

See Connor McMullets post.

Last edited:

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Here’s me burying Broberg from last year, because I’ve an angle to grind

Saw him live on the Monday a few weeks back, have a C More account in the States(a PITA to arrange, but did it.)
A lot of Brady Skjei in his game on O, better in his own end than Skjei.
Nov 16, 2018

Last couple of games he’s been 1st pair and deservedly so. He’s been solid in his own end, finding a better balance the other way on when to pinch.
Nov 29, 2018

Last game they had him listed 3rd pair LD, most shifts I saw he was playing 2nd pair on his off hand. Did a nice job jumping to the Ovie spot to generate scoring chances.
Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
Dec 11, 2018

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Broberg with a primary assist, his first career SHL point!
One for the ages.

Carries the puck from his blue line, tries the spin-o-rama at the dot, loses control immediately. Puck carries to the endboards, he recovers, reverses along end to space where Lindström comes charging in unmarked and beats the goalie on the off wing.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The truth is like poetry and you must hate poetry.

I mustn’t assume you know how to solve your dilemma, because nothing’s shown me you understand the concept of ignore.
Constant bitching and moaning about Broberg, and now making snide comments about how he got an assist. Great contributions.

Reactions: PuckNut

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You definitely implied it.

Your post:

What were your thoughts on Broberg three months ago? Why didn’t you say the same things when similar viewpoints were brought up then? I think we all know why. Your team drafted Broberg.

No, I certainly didn’t. I love when the internet psychologists try to tell me what I meant.

I was referring to the fact that this guy has started hating on people who don’t have the same opinion as him right now as Broberg. He didn’t do this prior to the draft. It’s irrelevant whether he didn’t mind the pick or not.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He looks like a really tall kid who's body betrays him at times. Completely normal. It might take him 3 or 4 years to grow into his body...the best thing EDM can do with him is be patient, if necessary.

Effortlessly fast already. Barring injury he'll only get faster, and with better edges and transitions.

Reactions: snipes

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
No, I certainly didn’t. I love when the internet psychologists try to tell me what I meant.

I was referring to the fact that this guy has started hating on people who don’t have the same opinion as him right now as Broberg. He didn’t do this prior to the draft. It’s irrelevant whether he didn’t mind the pick or not.
It's almost like once your team has drafted a prospect you pay more attention to them, I know you're all over the prospect forums, usually making statements about players you have no idea about.

Back then he didn't care about the dumb opinions, and I doubt he cares now.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
It's almost like once your team has drafted a prospect you pay more attention to them, I know you're all over the prospect forums, usually making statements about players you have no idea about.

Back then he didn't care about the dumb opinions, and I doubt he cares now.

Please point out when you see me make a statement about a player I have no idea about.

I also find it funny now how all opinions that aren't the Oilers company line are dumb. Take off the Oiler goggles for a second, and realize how belligerent you sound. It only makes my point. Some of you go in hatred mode if someone on this website doesn't toe the company line about the prospect your team recently drafted, yet you didn't feel the need to do that before your team drafted that player. It's almost as if its to toe the line for your management team without any semblance of free thoughts of whether this hatred makes any sense or not.

Reactions: Elias GOATtersson

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
One for the ages.

Carries the puck from his blue line, tries the spin-o-rama at the dot, loses control immediately. Puck carries to the endboards, he recovers, reverses along end to space where Lindström comes charging in unmarked and beats the goalie on the off wing.

The video does a much better job than your terrible “notes”. If you’re going to attempt to describe all his points this year, maybe we should just wait for the gif instead.

Either way, it was a great play by Broberg.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
You notice how most people laugh at your opinions of prospects when you try to discuss them? There’s a reason.

As expected, you say something you aren’t prepared to back up so you lazily reference something that has no measure of validity. Please point this out in the future. I suspect you won’t because you won’t feel the need to pour hate when it’s not in relation to defending your team’s draft picks.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
As expected, you say something you aren’t prepared to back up so you lazily reference something that has no measure of validity. Please point this out in the future. I suspect you won’t because you won’t feel the need to pour hate when it’s not in relation to defending your team’s draft picks.

Your credibility:

RIP

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
One for the ages.

If Broberg becomes a legit star player in the NHL, will you be able to cope with life?

And before you say "that won't happen", remember you're not psychic, and it's not out of the realm of possibility for a highly touted prospect that you don't like, to become a star player. We've all been wrong before.

Reactions: ohheyhemsky

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Your credibility:

RIP

Why would I care about my credibility on a hockey message board? What a worthless argument.

This is all over a comment I made that is very tame and rational. I think the overwhelming majority of people would agree with what I said.

But there are a few too many who take the internet too seriously, so they just pour hate into someone who doesn’t say their team’s prospect is a likely hall of famer.

People like you and your fellow fans who’ve hated on me about this ruin discussions on this website. You don’t want to discuss hockey, you want to make this about weeding out the credibility of people who say things that don’t paint your team’s player favorably.

And I’ll see myself out there because I’m sure the Oiler fans in here that hated on me will run to the moderator and call foul against me. This is what these types of people tend to do.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
I haven’t been paying much attention to him since he was drafted, but through the grapevine I’ve heard he has impressed a lot since then. Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->