LD Philip Broberg - Skellefteå AIK, SHL (2019, 8th, EDM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeps

May 24, 2017
Philip Broberg at eliteprospects.com

http://www.hlinkagretzky.com/en-ca/stats/player-profile?playerid=12061

One of the good D coming in for the 2019 draft. Nice size at 6’2¾” and 192 lbs. From what I saw when he played against Slovakia (Hlinka Gretzky 2018), he is a good all around D. Good skater, passer, good vision and good shot. He also defend well and can lay hits.

He is a left handed and was playing the right side.

Produced 13 pts in 23 games in SuperElit with AIK J20. Pretty impressive at 16 years old.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
It's funny in that I think skating looks to be something he could improve on in his progression. It flashes above average for sure but in a general sense. He can get good build up speed with his long and at times deceptive strides, but he can be a little too upright or need some first couple steps work in my opinion. It's not that far off, and I'm sure it'll get there.

His anticipation skills have looked terrific the last 2 days though. He's got the points and whatnot, but his ability to cut off plays or make quick reads with and without the puck has been noticeable.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Heard after his season ended that he would be heading to one of the Canadian junior leagues this season. Has not been announced yet so maybe he has changed his mind.

Looks like he might have taken some steps in his game this summer.

Reactions: Peeps

Benoitb

Aug 8, 2018
Heard after his season ended that he would be heading to one of the Canadian junior leagues this season. Has not been announced yet so maybe he has changed his mind.

Looks like he might have taken some steps in his game this summer.

1st message here!

For Broberg, he has been drafted by the Hamilton Bulldogs in the last CHL Euro Draft. For the moment, we don't really know what is plan for the next year. But If he comes, it will be in the OHL

Reactions: dreamcomehere

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
A lot of guys have wheels but never use them, Broberg, on the other hand, seems to barely need an excuse to fly up the ice

He's been impressive offensively for sure

Reactions: dreamcomehere

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Broberg looked really solid vs Canada today. He's a good player. He can skate , shoot, play physical. Likes to rush the puck. Should be a first rounder.

Reactions: bags07 and Peeps

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is there a reason he's all of a sudden doing so well but wasn't on the radar before?

He played at the WHC-17 a year ago, and I had to go back and check that since I didn't remember him playing there. It doesn't seem like many knew much about him either heading into this event.

Or has everyone just been aware that he's been doing incredibly well the last half year or so?

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
Is there a reason he's all of a sudden doing so well but wasn't on the radar before?

He played at the WHC-17 a year ago, and I had to go back and check that since I didn't remember him playing there. It doesn't seem like many knew much about him either heading into this event.

Or has everyone just been aware that he's been doing incredibly well the last half year or so?
His numbers in the SuperElit have rise a lot at the end of the year and he seemed to have improved a lot during the year, but no one saw him coming. He somehow really improved during the summer. Will have to wait to see how he does during the season, but if he continue playing like that, he won't wait long before hearing his name next June.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
He really struggles handling the puck in transition I find. Might limit his two-way game down the road.

Still a huge fan tho

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014

Confidence I bet.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden

Well, he's been doing much better since switching over to AIK from Örebro, so that could have something to do with it.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->