LD Pavel Denisov - Severstal Cherepovets, KHL (2019 Undrafted)

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Pavel Denisov at eliteprospects.com

Denisov is a 5'7 Belarussian blueliner that played for Belarus in last year's u18 WC. He showed to be a good puckmover and smooth skater with a good head defensively.

Denisov made his KHL debut yesterday. He looked a bit uncomfortable with the puck in the 1st but settled in as the game went on, displaying good puck movement out of the D zone and the same solid and steady defensive play as he did at the u18s. In total, he played just under 16 minutes, and looked to be playing top-4 minutes at ES.

Obviously, with his size, he's a longshot draftee but it'll be interesting to see if he continues to get solid minutes in the KHL.

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He will continue because Minsk have no one else to play because they are terrible. Same applies to Dmitri Deryabin who is 3rd in TOI altogether. Igor Martynov played on the first line. It's ridiculous they are forcing those guys to play at such level.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
He will continue because Minsk have no one else to play because they are terrible. Same applies to Dmitri Deryabin who is 3rd in TOI altogether. Igor Martynov played on the first line. It's ridiculous they are forcing those guys to play at such level.
Thank you for this great report on the player. How many games of him watched did it take?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Thank you for this great report on the player. How many games of him watched did it take?
0, honestly. 18 y.o. 170 cm D who played in 2nd Belarus league last year should not be playing regular minutes in the KHL. I didn't comment anything on his ability, I just said he is playing at the level way above his head which is just common sense. And since OP ended with "if he continues to get minutes" I felt I can answer that part of the question. Would you argue differently?

If you have a scouting report, please share by all means.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020

Imagine the same was true for Yeryomenko or does he have the talent to play at a higher level one day?

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Imagine the same was true for Yeryomenko or does he have the talent to play at a higher level one day?
Yeryomenko is by far the best of those mentioned although if I recall correctly he hasn't yet played a single game for Minsk at the time I wrote that post. He ended up playing on the 1st pairing and as far as last year's Dinamo goes was a bright spot. He was at least a firmly KHL-level player last year already. Subsequently, he is still 3rd amongst Minsk's Ds in TOI this year on a much, much deeper team. While Denisov and Martynov have been sent to the farm team already.

Reactions: NJ Fan 12

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Now in KHL in his second season with Severstal.

After playing 58 games last year he has played just seven thus far.

Is that due to injury or have other players passed him on the blueline for Severstal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad