D Nicolas Hague - Missisauga Steelheads, OHL (2017, 34th, VGK)

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
He has to make the Golden Knights at this rate. Been the most impressive player in the preseason in my opinion. I think they could put him in palce of Jon Merrill even.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
There was an even earlier Nicolas Hague prospects thread than this one a full year before he was even draft eligible. I still recall watching him in Mississauga that year and being impressed by him. Happy to see it looking like he is reaching that projected potential. Should have gone in the first rd, but good for VGK they stole him in the 2nd rd in a draft that was not supposed to be that deep.

Reactions: Fixxer and 99664987

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
A defenceman who nearly scored 40g in junior is insane. Excited to potentially see him and Brannstrom on Vegas' blueline.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
His toolbox is really just as good as it gets. I don’t think his hockey IQ is super high although he does the little things (i.e. getting shots through) very well, but his mean streak and passion to win makes up for any of that. In the OHL, players were notably hesitant to go into his corner or go to the front of the net. Definite and significant 1D potential if he can fine tune his defensive play and continue to develop physically. Sky’s the limit.

Also, seems to me like he and Brannstrom would compliment one another perfectly...

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
ughhh... i loved hague when i watched him in his draft year, wanted the blues to take him at 31(thought he should've gone in the 1st)..... don't hate the kostin pick but would've loved to have Hague with edmundson and dunn down the left side.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
VGK send Hague back to minors, idiots. - i guess they believe playing in the #1 d-man role for Wolves helps him or something,..
rather that playing #5, #6 d-man role in the NHL.. i disagree, but what ever.

Hague will play in the NHL this season thou, at one point, that's pretty obvious.
In my mind, he would of improved VGK defense right away.

Reactions: Dominance

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
VGK send Hague back to minors, idiots. - i guess they believe playing in the #1 d-man role for Wolves helps him or something,..

Hague will play in the NHL this season thou, at one point, that's pretty obvious.

Those Vegas d get injured a bit, he will get the call soon enough.

Let the Wolves jump start him getting first pairing minutes. Hopefully George has a decent enough plan.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

lol it was a cap move for day 1.

Just a wee bit of an overreaction...

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006

Are you better George? Is Hague on your fantasy team?

Reactions: schnapshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad