D Nicolas Hague - Missisauga Steelheads, OHL (2017, 34th, VGK)

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
What are the weaknesses in his game that would prevent him from playing in the NHL next season? Is his skating good enough?

Auston mcdavid

Mar 10, 2018
Yes absolutely guranteed nhl star potental could be a better version of paryoko possibly the next Shea Weber I maybe overhyping him but he could be that good

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Yep. Glass, Suzuki, Brannstrom. Hague. As good or better draft than any team.
Everything seems to be working out for them. It’s incredible. I still don’t see anything more than a bottom-third team when I look at their roster but here they are, a top cup contender and ready to surpass the highest single-season point total of my 100 year old Maple Leafs in their first season. :oops:

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, Vegas is quite the story for sure. A guy like Hague could be their first home grown star defenseman and probably is in the NHL next season.

Reactions: 99664987

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Vegans drafted some guys that look like they could be great. Out of the guys they drafted, who seems to have the higher ceiling?

At the beginning of the year I’d absolutely say Glass, but nearly everybody they drafted has preformed above expectations and looks great. Nick Suzuki got 100pts and what’s even more impressive is he was first on his team in points by 31! He definitely didn’t play for a team like the Greyhounds. Nic Hague May have had the most impressive season though out of players drafted by Vegas. 35 goals this season and by most accounts was the best defenseman in the OHL and might be the best defensive prospect playing major junior right now. Oh, and he’s an absolute monster at 6’6”.

It seem like Glass is probably the most NHL ready out of the players they drafted, but I’m not sure if he has the higher ceiling overall. I think Hague might have the highest ceiling in terms of impact he could make in the NHL.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Yep. Glass, Suzuki, Brannstrom. Hague. As good or better draft than any team.

Elvenes is looking like a nice pick too. That's what happens when you have a lot of picks. You might find some diamonds.

CC: Jim Benning.

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Looked a little overwhelmed at times in his own zone for the Wolves. Had a very nice regular season in the OHL though.

In a redraft I'd have him in the mid 20s. He went about 10 picks too low. Vegas got away with essentially four 1st round picks last year (I said as much at the time on here), which is absolutely crazy considering the season they just had.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Liked him a full year before his draft year watching him play in Mississauga. I think there is a thread before this one actually where I first posted about him. IMO definitely went too low last year. He's going to find a way to the NHL. Just needs to refine his skating. Love his size, smarts, and shot.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
From what ive read and seen through highlights, his skating is a plus considering the size.

He needs to clean up his defensive zone play and he will be an NHL’er.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
From what ive read and seen through highlights, his skating is a plus considering the size.

He needs to clean up his defensive zone play and he will be an NHL’er.

I think he needs refining on pivots, quicker stop and starts. Which for most lanky tall players is usually the issue. I don't want people to confuse what I observe. Hague is not a bad skater, nor is he a slow skater. Hockey is not about being the fastest skater in a straight line. It encompasses skating in all directions. Plenty of time for him to work on this, since speed is not a problem. It's harder to teach a player speed, close to impossible than to teach a player lateral mobility.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Cant wait to see how this guy does next season. Seems like he could be the real deal.... I wish his thread was longer though so i could read up on him more from fans that watched him alot

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Very promising game for Hague tonight. He scored a great goal on the PP from the sounds of it (wasn't televised)
almost 27 minutes time on ice

Gallant was praising how much he's improved his skating over the summer

Last edited:

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I absolutely love this kid. My favorite prospect in the league right. This kid just oozes potential and for him to be in the system of a team like Vegas is just awesome. Should be a superstar for them for the next decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad