D Nicolas Hague - Missisauga Steelheads, OHL (2017, 34th, VGK)

Auston mcdavid

Mar 10, 2018
Ben Jones for Vegas might be a big steal drafted in the 7th round 72 points in the ohl could be a good Center in the nhl

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Better defencemen with higher potential Evan Bouchard or Nicolas hague ?

Difficult to say, Bouchard seems to be a wunder kid, he might even become a franchise d-man
if he continues to progress each year. But then in again he might look better what he really is
because of London's sucky team this season.

Hague's ceiling is ridiculous, he too has a chance of franchise, but not as what Bouchard chances are.

Auston mcdavid

Mar 10, 2018
Well a lot of scouts are saying is full potential is a top tier d man like a burns or Weber or dare I say even Hedman he could be in the nhl next year his skating is now very good too also so apparently that’s his full potential

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Well a lot of scouts are saying is full potential is a top tier d man like a burns or Weber or dare I say even Hedman he could be in the nhl next year his skating is now very good too also so apparently that’s his full potential
His skating is not very good. Not sure who is saying that but they’re wrong. I’ve watched him lots. Seems to know where to go, has a howitzer of a shot and is solid in most areas of the game but his skating is the main concern.

Reactions: CoopersFalls

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
His skating is not very good. Not sure who is saying that but they’re wrong. I’ve watched him lots. Seems to know where to go, has a howitzer of a shot and is solid in most areas of the game but his skating is the main concern.

Great skating coach can make miracles, i believe that he can fix his skating,
Pronger was able to fix his d, Hague will fix his skating :)

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Great skating coach can make miracles, i believe that he can fix his skating,
Pronger was able to fix his d, Hague will fix his skating :)
Draftees nowadays have worked with multiple skating coaches so it's hard to say that so-and-so's skating will get better after they've been drafted because that usually isn't the case. At least historically speaking. However, it is plausible to suggest that foot speed can be improved for the especially lanky, late growth spurt kind of guys.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Steelheads have 2 games left in the regular season.
4 points to 80 points, maybe Nicolas can do it.

Not sure what happens in the play-offs
this season has not been as good what previous ones has.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Draftees nowadays have worked with multiple skating coaches so it's hard to say that so-and-so's skating will get better after they've been drafted because that usually isn't the case. At least historically speaking. However, it is plausible to suggest that foot speed can be improved for the especially lanky, late growth spurt kind of guys.

You see a lot of guys skating improve after they’re drafted, get stronger and working with professional teams. You won’t go from below average/average to elite but you can certainly get yourself to a point where you can play at the next level.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Watched the game closely today and really thought he had a rough game. Brutal turnover for the first goal and just seemed to lack any sense of urgency out there. Probably just a bad game though. Still an incredible pick for the 2nd round.

Reactions: Blueston

Auston mcdavid

Mar 10, 2018
Amazing puck skills and handling for this game today for Nicolas hague especially at his size skating looks fine though just his first steps what really surprised me is that Vegas might have a breakout star in Ben jones how he dropped to the 7th round I have no idea possibly the steal of the draft amazing skating skills and edgework by Jones too he has fantastic skating skill and he was just named best defensive forward in the ohl and most improved he definitely reminds me off a young Patrice Bergeron what a pick by Vegas

Last edited:

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
Put up some insane numbers this year. Definitely a first round talent, so good on Vegas for taking him when they had the chance.

Reactions: Jtown

Auston mcdavid

Mar 10, 2018
I think he has nhl star potential could be called up next year possibly a better version of paryoko hague could be the steal of the draft

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I think he has nhl star potential could be called up next year possibly a better version of paryoko hague could be the steal of the draft
He's trending to be better than Parayko. Hague's D+1 numbers are other-worldly whereas Parayko's were just OK. OHL vs NCAA but still comparing to their peers, Hague is much better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad