D Maxwell Gildon - Univ. New-Hampshire NCAA( 2017, 66e FLO)

KristichBabych

Jun 15, 2018
Didn't found is thread...Max Gildon have a great start in the NCAA, 3 goals and 7 points in 4 games...And it's is third year in the NCAA...Do you think he will sign at the end of the year with Florida? Florida need better defensives prospects then the kind of Weegar or Brown... What his potential? Third pair def or top 4? He seems to have a lots of tools, especially speed , offensive and size...He needs to be better in defensive zone, but great potential. Thanks for the advice!

2018-19
6.png
Univ. of New Hampshire
NCAA316152145-7|
2019-20
6.png
Univ. of New Hampshire
NCAA434740
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Here's the thread LD Max Gildon - USNTDP, USHL (2017 Draft)

He looks fine, watched him a bit last year. Early points this year seems promising. UNH aren't that good. I think he still has top four upside, but probably not elite. Still taking him some time to put it all together, defense is pretty hard. UNH has a wide sheet, one mistake there's an ocean of ice between them and the net, that has probably been an adjustment as far as picking his spots and defending/gaps.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
FLA fan here. We have a resident UNH fan who regularly comes by to update us on Gildon in our prospects thread stickied at top of FLA's board.

Just some of the details from the UNH fan the other day:

* 3-4–7 in four games to date (1.75 PPG).
* Entered the game second in the nation in D PPG
* Has been on ice for 9 of UNH’s 14 GF
* Just 3 GA despite big mins

Gildon is a big boy at 6'3 but his skating is very fluid and he moves well for his size. He's used on the PP a ton and is pretty sound defensively.

FLA fans hope we can get him signed at the end of this year. Our LD pipeline isnt star studded but with guys like Stillman (AHL), Gildon (NCAA), Kolyachonok (OHL) and Ludvig (OHL), we should be able to find 2-3 NHL defensemen in there. Hoping at least one of them has #2/3D potential if they put it all together

Last edited:

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I remember a couple of years ago I saw Gildon at a development camp I think it was. He was the best player on the ice for the scrimmages, hands down. I hope he signs. We really could use a LD prospect like him to take a spot on the big team long term.

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I remember a couple of years ago I saw Gildon at a development camp I think it was. He was the best player on the ice for the scrimmages, hands down. I hope he signs. We really could use a LD prospect like him to take a spot on the big team long term.

He should make Yandle more expendable by next year. Having two smooth skating/mobile/2 way guys in Matheson and Gildon on the left side would be great long term.
He's got the size already at 6'3, 195lbs. Probably packs on another 5 lbs this off-season.
Wouldn't be surprised if he makes the team next year on the bottom pairing LD spot, it'll be between him and Stillman most likely.

Just wondering if Weegar is better on the left side with Ekblad long term though?

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
He should make Yandle more expendable by next year. Having two smooth skating/mobile 2 way guys in Matheson and Gildon on the left side would be great long term.
He's got the size already at 6'3, 195lbs. Probably packs on another 5 lbs this off-season.
Wouldn't be surprised if he makes the team next year on the bottom pairing LD spot, it'll be between him and Stillman most likely.

Just wondering if Weegar is better on the left side with Ekblad long term though?
Yeah, Weegar has looked good there. I'm sure they'll sort it out in that training camp when the time comes. And agree, Yandle better pick up his game, he can't be a turnover machine/overly risky with his passes and a defensive liability any more. He has to bring more than just offense, it can't be all risk all the time, we need more stability also.
I'm still worried about Gildon signing though. Been burnt too many times.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Yeah, Weegar has looked good there. I'm sure they'll sort it out in that training camp when the time comes. And agree, Yandle better pick up his game, he can't be a turnover machine/overly risky with his passes and a defensive liability any more. He has to bring more than just offense, it can't be all risk all the time, we need more stability also.
I'm still worried about Gildon signing though. Been burnt too many times.

In the past, I'd agree but if we do make the playoffs this year and have a LD spot available next year, along with Coach Q at the helm?
He probably sees Yandle on the downswing so in another year or two, there's probably a top 4 LD spot open if Weegar goes back to his normal right side.

It'll be whether he wants to come to a playoff team with a limited role short term but also a chance for a bigger role in a couple years OR he's chasing a possible top 4 spot right off the bat on a rebuilding team. We shall see.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
In the past, I'd agree but if we do make the playoffs this year and have a LD spot available next year, along with Coach Q at the helm?
He probably sees Yandle on the downswing so in another year or two, there's probably a top 4 LD spot open if Weegar goes back to his normal right side.

It'll be whether he wants to come to a playoff team with a limited role short term but also a chance for a bigger role in a couple years OR he's chasing a possible top 4 spot right off the bat on a rebuilding team. We shall see.
Yeah, I wish I would have kept up with the kid more. Get a better sense of what he's thinking. But I guess I just have to bit the bullet and wait and see.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I don't know why were so worried about him not signing. I'm sure Tallon will get him to sign. This kid can see this team has potential and he will be given every chance to try and become a regular on the team.

Reactions: Mase

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad