RD Maxence Guénette - Val-d'Or, QMJHL (2019, 187th, OTT)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Maxence Guenette is the third of three defenceman ranked in the top 10 by QMJHL Central Scouting sitting at number eight overall. The 5-foot-11, 166 pound Levis Commandeurs rearguard is very good at breaking out from the defensive zone end with crisp, accurate passing ability. His above average skating and hockey IQ help set him apart from many other defencemen in the draft. Guenette plays well defensively by utilizing the poke check and is not afraid to block shots. He is a right handed shot but is able to play on either the right or left side. Guenette had 16 points in 40 games and also had two goals and one assist with Quebec Blue in the Gatorade Challenge.
(taken from here)

Maxence Guénette at eliteprospects.com

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Are they really projecting him as a top-10 pick in the NHL draft? Can’t say the name rings any bells, but best of luck to the kid.

That was in reference to the QMJHL draft, not the NHL draft.

But he was invited to the Hlinka tournament for Canada, so he is a name to keep an eye on.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
the kid is an excellent prospect for next years NHL draft....great puck moving defender, smart, excellent in own end, good with the puck and moving it out of the zone, a very smart player with excellent skating and hands...I actually have him going early 2nd round right now, but with a good season I could see him cracking 1st round.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
3A in his first 3 games... already has 1/4 of the pts he had last year.

Reactions: 99664987

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
Gonna revive this. He just scored a goal and has 17 points in 26 games. Played for team QMJHL in the Canada/Russia series. Gord Miller was talking about him during a Sens game and said he might be on Team Canada’s radar for the world juniors. I would highly doubt he makes it but he might get an invite, has played for Team Canada before (Hlinka).

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Gonna revive this. He just scored a goal and has 17 points in 26 games. Played for team QMJHL in the Canada/Russia series. Gord Miller was talking about him during a Sens game and said he might be on Team Canada’s radar for the world juniors. I would highly doubt he makes it but he might get an invite, has played for Team Canada before (Hlinka).
Won't be invited this year, possible invite next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad