LD Kaiden Guhle - Edmonton Oil Kings, WHL (2020, 16th MTL)

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I've been extremely impressed by him during the WHL Cup and it's obvious why he was the 1st pick this past draft. He's a very good skater, has great vision and IQ while also already having a very complete game. He's very confident and aggressive for his age and knows how to pick his spots. His older brother is fellow Raiders alum Brendan Guhle of the Buffalo Sabres so he also has the bloodlines as well as the size already while still growing. I'm definitely looking forward to watching his game progress over the coming years

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=413363

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Between him and Barron who do you guys think projects to better at this moment?
I think Guhle projects better and will have a much more complete game but Barron might have a slight edge offensively. Obviously a ways out but Guhle is my top D for 2020 with Barron+Schneider a step behind of the players I know well as of this moment.

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
How is he playing? I see he is pointless through 6 games. Is he getting a lot of minutes or is this possibly a disappointing start to the season?

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Only seen one game this year but he looked good. didn't get much ice time though and no pp time as PA is a good team with vets. Should get more opportunities as the year goes on

Reactions: grentthealien

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Kid is still trucking along on the Raiders 3rd pairing. Finally got his first goal of the season. Unfortunate that Guhle has joined such a stacked team. Raiders are looking like they will be 14-1-0 after tonight. The even more unfortunate thing is they will be losing a fair bit of players next year though some may stick around for an overage season. But maybe that will be good for Guhle.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Kid is still trucking along on the Raiders 3rd pairing. Finally got his first goal of the season. Unfortunate that Guhle has joined such a stacked team. Raiders are looking like they will be 14-1-0 after tonight. The even more unfortunate thing is they will be losing a fair bit of players next year though some may stick around for an overage season. But maybe that will be good for Guhle.
He's actually been getting more time the last couple games including PP time which is good and in those games he has 1G+2A in his last 3 games. It was his 1st WHL goal so congrats to him.

Reactions: grentthealien

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He's actually been getting more time the last couple games including PP time which is good and in those games he has 1G+2A in his last 3 games. It was his 1st WHL goal so congrats to him.

That's good. The kid is a sublime talent on the backend. I fear he would be getting buried in that deep lineup. Good to see him finding his way to the top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad