RD Justin Barron (2020, 25th, COL; traded to MTL)

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia

Newfoundland

Jun 19, 2016
Newfoundland
He’ll definitely fall, I mean look at Krebs this year (who you could argue was a higher-regarded prospect than Barron is.) I personally think his fall could be quite dramatic, as he wasn’t blowing it away before this injury.

I agree. There is a good chance he could fall to 3rd/4th round.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I agree. There is a good chance he could fall to 3rd/4th round.

I don't think he would fall that far if he does slide, maybe later in the 1st or early 2nd at worst IMO. RHD's with good size that can skate like the wind like him are so valuable around the NHL. I'm not all that familiar with his game and hockey IQ, but he should get drafted high based solely on his tools and RH shot alone.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Huge blow, terrible to happen in his draft year. I’m sure that’ll affect his draft stock a bit but that just means someone might get solid value when they pick him. If he falls to the 30s and the Leafs can trade up (I’m hoping we’d have to trade up) I’d be ecstatic.

Reactions: Dominance

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Probably had unnoticed health problems during the season but Halifax was struggling defensive wise all half which could factor a bit into his declined stats, his line partner overager Patty Kyte was struggling too now he's popping off with Chicoutimi. Hopefully he makes a healthy recovery blood clots aren't funny and could be career ending. And hopefully he's put on a contention team next season to get his potential back in play. He's probably the #2 or #3 best NA Defense-man but could drop as low as into the 2nd round due to it being a risky pick.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Really good game out of Barron last night. If any scouts were around I’m sure he impressed. End to end rushes multiple times and an abundance of ice time. Also covering up for a wealth of mistakes by the entire team. Another fantastic goalie display out of McLaren

Reactions: slumpy43

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Really good game out of Barron last night. If any scouts were around I’m sure he impressed. End to end rushes multiple times and an abundance of ice time. Also covering up for a wealth of mistakes by the entire team. Another fantastic goalie display out of McLaren
agreed...his skating was way above everyone on the ice, took the ice end to end at will and created a bunch of offense, too bad the rest of the team looks like major midget players...there were a ton of scouts in the crowd...James Malatesta looked great for Quebec....overall the game was sloppy but Barron showed his amazing talent...with his blood clot this year, he is very very under rated by arm chair scouts on here lol.

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
He's looked good since he's returned... I honestly forgot how smooth his skating is. He bailed so many teammates out and looked to create a lot too. He's gonna be a late first/early second steal for someone.

Reactions: Dominance

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->