LD Jackson Dorrington - Northeastern University, NCAA(2022, 176th, VAN)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I thought he was pretty average. I don't see him as a top few rounds prospect. He'll be drafted though, potentially higher than I think he should be.

Also, he's not exactly an NTDP player. He was a fill-in last season a few times, but many players were.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I thought he was pretty average. I don't see him as a top few rounds prospect. He'll be drafted though, potentially higher than I think he should be.

Also, he's not exactly an NTDP player. He was a fill-in last season a few times, but many players were.
What should I list as his team?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
What should I list as his team?

Fair question. Probably the team he’ll play for this season. I’m not sure where that is. If you can find where that is, that team. If not, changing the title can wait. I wasn’t meaning to suggest you had to change it now.

Reactions: MMC

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
All I know is he had a great Ivan Hlinka, he could be a riser throughout the year and climb into 1st round territory.
He looks raw, but at least he's big, powerful strides and can stickhandle with the puck. He was leaky defensively against the Slovaks and was benched in the 3rd period I believe. Maybe Dorrington is the best LD on the team, but I was more impressed with Healey and Brzustewicz at RD.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
He looks raw, but at least he's big, powerful strides and can stickhandle with the puck. He was leaky defensively against the Slovaks and was benched in the 3rd period I believe. Maybe Dorrington is the best LD on the team, but I was more impressed with Healey and Brzustewicz at RD.

Yeah, he's raw but there's a lot to work with there. He definitely wasn't the best D on the team but to me he kinda left a mark after this tourney after essentially coming out of nowhere.

Luc Poitras

Feb 21, 2019
They were ALL leaky defensively!!!

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
My notes from what I watched of him this season. Dorrington had 11 points in 41 games for Des Moines in the USHL this season. Northeastern next season.

Dorrington: Defensive defenseman. Good skater, good size. Plays physical. Pretty reliable defensively. Moves the puck well enough, but nothing fancy. The offense he creates is with buying time due to skating. He doesn’t try anything creative at the blueline either at ES or the PP. Limited offensive upside, but has a good defensive game. Late round 2/early round 3 guy.

Reactions: Grantham

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is a very good pick for where he was taken. In the sixth round, you take him. I was thinking he might be a second round pick. Wouldn't have been too inspired by his upside at that point in the draft. Safe player. Think he'll be a 6/7D. He's like a poor man's Jake Sanderson.

Reactions: Brent Burns Beard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad