D Jack Bar - Chicago Steel, USHL (2021, 138th, DAL)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I saw a little of him this year, liked what I saw and wanted the Habs to be in on him, but was shocked to see him ranked as a 2nd rounder. He'll be 19 when Harvard starts next season, he's got a solid frame and skates well but not sure there's enough offensive upside to warrant a top 60 pick but I would need to have seen more of him to really say. I had a hockey.tv sub early on in the season and he wasn't playing at the time so while I got to see several of their games it was mostly just in the first month of the season.

Reactions: CairneBloodhoof

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
I've been watching the Steel this year so I've seen a bit of Bar, can't say I've really focused on watching him. Good general skill set, reminds me a bit of a Drew Helleson type if I had to toss out a comparison.

Not sure I see the tools for a ton of offense at higher levels, but he's the type of player who, if he continues to improve, can probably round out a depth chart.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Drafted by the Peterborough Petes in the third round, 52nd overall, at the 2018 OHL Priority Selection Draft, defenceman Jack Bar opted to continue playing prep school hockey at St. Andrew’s College in order to maintain his NCAA eligibility. He has been focused on his education and is now committed to Harvard University, after all. Bar also helped St. Andrew’s win the CISAA Championship in 2019.

With the 2020-21 season never starting in Ontario, Bar went to British Columbia. to play for the Penticton Vees in the BCHL. However, after just a few preseason games, the COVID-19 Pandemic again wreaked havoc on Bar’s plans cancelling another hockey season. Bar eventually decided to head to the USHL, joining the Chicago Steel. It was a good decision as he joined a dominant team but also was able to take a big role on the blue line. Bar was just what the Steel needed and he would help the team win the 2021 Clark Cup. Bar scored five goals and 10 assists for 15 points in 34 regular-season games. He also added one assist in seven playoff games for the Steel.

2021 NHL Draft #44: Jack Bar Scouting Report - LWOS

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Huge, huge steal. I think he's a top-50 prospect in the draft.

This reminds me of Henry Thrun falling a couple years ago. Both Harvard commits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad