Speculation: D Igor 0zhiganov CSKA Moscow

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
If he's a defensive upgrade and we trade Carrick for a good pick, I'd be all for splitting him with Polak and possibly letting him take the bottom pairing RD job for a whirl. Next year let him, Liljegren and Valiev fight for the bottom pairing job on the right side.

Then it's a new competition for the LD again, but that's a different problem. Borgman needs AHL time big time, but maybe next year he'll be better.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I'd like to see:

Rielly-______
Dermott-Zaitsev
Borgman-Ozhiganov

Where's Hainsey?

Or Gardiner...

Or is this a longer term lineup, because if it is you'll likely see Liljegren in one of those spots.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
I can't remember. Didn't they say he would sign at the end of the year like Zaitsev did?

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Faster Gardiner's gone, the better the Leafs will be for it...

Maybe true, but I would keep him for next year since none of our young guys will be ready to step up yet.

Of course, if you get a good offer, then you consider it.

Keep Sorokin Me Babe

Hit em with the four like
Jun 18, 2016
He has more offensive upside. He good be a good pick up. Apparently Kucherov was trying to get Tampa to sign him.

https://www.rawcharge.com/2017/5/2/...usev-ozhiganov-local-media-andrei-vasilevskiy
Interviewer: Could you persuade Steve Yzerman to take Nikita Gusev to Tampa?

Kucherov: I always say this to the Lightning; not only about Gusev, but about Igor Ozhiganov too. It’s not about our friendship. Both are great players, they could help Tampa to win a Stanley Cup. I wouldn’t have recommended them if they weren’t able to. By the way, I spoke to them about taking their chances in the NHL. It’s an opportunity to play against the best players in the world. We have known each other since childhood, it would be great to win the Stanley Cup together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad