D habs98's #2 GM game- Sign Up + Discussion (MTL available )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
[fieldset=TSN.ca | May 16th 2011]

TRUE NORTH BUYS ATLANTA THRASHERS; RE-LOCATE TO WINNIPEG

TSN.ca has learned that the Atlanta Thrashers have been sold. The impetus to close a deal came early last week, and with approval from NHL Commissioners donghabs98 and Pitt's Best #87 & #66 , the deal was finalized and franchises properties belonging to the now de-funct Atlanta Trashers were sold to True North Sports & Entertainment

The deal included two propositions.

(1) The franchise is to be re-located to Winnipeg, Manitoba and will play out of the MTS Center in the 2011-2012 season

(2) The logo and "Jets" trademark are now properties of True North Sports & Entertainment

Rick Dudley has been relieved of his duties and Soli has been named new GM of the Winnipeg Jets.

In a breif conference call, GM Soli had this to say,

"This is a great day for the city of Winnipeg and Jets fans everywhere. First and foremost I'd like to thank True North Sports & Entertainment, who's tireless work has brought hockey back to Winnipeg. We are inheriting a very young organization that shows promise, but has many areas that need improvement that perhaps only time and development can bring. The fans of Winnipeg have been very patient, and that virtue will be tested longer still as we look to build upon what we have have."

More details to come...

winnipegjetsing.jpg

[/fieldset]

Last edited:

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR

TSN.ca has learned that the Atlanta Thrashers have been sold. The impetus to close a deal came early last week, and with approval from NHL Commissioners Ryan Getzlaf and Number Eight, the deal was finalized and franchises properties belonging to the now de-funct Atlanta Trashers were sold to True North Sports & Entertainment

(1) The franchise is to be re-located to Winnipeg, Manitoba and will play out of the MTS Center in the 2011-2012 season

(2) The logo and "Jets" trademark are now properties of True North Sports & Entertainment

Rick Dudley has been relieved of his duties and Soli has been named new GM of the Winnipeg Jets.

"This is a great day for the city of Winnipeg and Jets fans everywhere. First and foremost I'd like to thank True North Sports & Entertainment, who's tireless work has brought hockey back to Winnipeg. We are inheriting a very young organization that shows promise, but has many areas that need improvement that perhaps only time and development can bring. The fans of Winnipeg have been very patient, and that virtue will be tested longer still as we look to build upon what we have have."

More details to come...

winnipegjetsing.jpg

[/fieldset]

A lot of people are going to extremely dissapointed when the Thrashers open next year in Atlanta.

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON

TSN.ca has learned that the Atlanta Thrashers have been sold. The impetus to close a deal came early last week, and with approval from NHL Commissioners donghabs98 and Pitt's Best #87 & #66 , the deal was finalized and franchises properties belonging to the now de-funct Atlanta Trashers were sold to True North Sports & Entertainment

More details to come...

winnipegjetsing.jpg

[/fieldset]
Does Detroit go to the East now?

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
Hey guys go to the transaction thread to see the avs trading block
And to the leafs:
Stasny is for sale :D

johnnydollaz89*

:rangers will move any1 not named, Lundqvist, Staal, Dubinsky, Gaborik, Callahan, McDonagh, Sauer, Thomas, Krieder, Anisimov

the rest can be had

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR
:flyers Have agreed to terms on a deal that will give us some cap flexibility. Announcement soon.

In other news, we're shopping agitator Dan Carcillo.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
When signing free agents please give a reason for that player to sign there.

Many players will wait until July 1st, but will sign if blown away by the offer

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
According to @adater, Paul stansy is on a flight to an undisclosed location.
Also, sources say bradon yip is being shopped because of his high consumption of carbonated beverages, giving him the "yip-ups"....
More to come....

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR
Since this effects no one but me, I'll announce now.

:flyers Leino Re-signs

416_cp24_hockey_100605.jpg

(Sorry for the large picture)

Late Thursday night the Philidelphia Flyers announced the conract extension of a key forward. Finn Ville Leino signed a 3 year, 12 million dollar contract extension with the Flyers. This deal includes an LNTC, including a 10 team list of teams he will except a trade to.

Ville is a key peice of our offense. He's a great Forward, and great guy. He has grit and tenacity like no other, and has an offensive touch as well. We are extremely happy to bring Ville back to our top notch club.

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
Since this effects no one but me, I'll announce now.

:flyers Leino Re-signs

416_cp24_hockey_100605.jpg

(Sorry for the large picture)

Late Thursday night the Philidelphia Flyers announced the conract extension of a key forward. Finn Ville Leino signed a 3 year, 12 million dollar contract extension with the Flyers. This deal includes an LNTC, including a 10 team list of teams he will except a trade to.

Ville is a key peice of our offense. He's a great Forward, and great guy. He has grit and tenacity like no other, and has an offensive touch as well. We are extremely happy to bring Ville back to our top notch club.

4 mil cap hit?! That's a lot of money for a guy who only seems clutch during the playoffs

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
A lot of FA's will walk, I wanted him back bad, and I had to pay.

It's okay, we all overpay for Free Agents. Go check out what IR4 re-signed Kaberle for in FA Game #3 :laugh:

Beat me too it.

It's a good cap hit, he's a good player, but to get him back (A player of that caliber) before July 1st will require and overpayment, and Leino felt it was fair.

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
A lot of FA's will walk, I wanted him back bad, and I had to pay.

It's okay, we all overpay for Free Agents. Go check out what IR4 re-signed Kaberle for in FA Game #3 :laugh:
:amazed: Jesus is that guy nuckin futs?! Kaberle with a 6 mil cap hit is like an endless pit of doom

:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad