D habs98 Keeper League-Sign Up+ Discussion(Waiting list available)

damor

Dec 28, 2006
I don't have a problem opening the excel on the iphone, only it takes a few minutes to load

it was a problem before when it was a huge file but i worked on the size to shorten it and it seems to work for me as well now but takes a bit so ill try and make it smaller in the update coming shortly

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Any chance you have the draft order damor? Would be easier for me rather than solving all these trades.

damor

Dec 28, 2006
Any chance you have the draft order damor? Would be easier for me rather than solving all these trades.

its all in the excel...every trade has always been up to date in it...only ones that may be off (in only the main draft section, its correct for sure in actual team and cap section on far right) r the player trades (only 2-3 so far, the ones with iginla and kesler i mean)

Last edited:

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
agreed as well.

can i suggest we begin the prospect draft though? if we wait till after this draft is done, the season will have started. get the prospect draft done, more active people as there are 2 drafts to do, more people will be inclined to trade as the picks will be useful sooner...

i cant see a negative to running them side by side.

The problem with starting the prospect draft right now is, and I could be wrong about this, but guys who played a handful of games in the last year or so, (ex: Nino Neiderrieter Brayden Schenn or Oliver Ekman-Larrson) are eligible to be drafted in the player draft, but they could also be considered "prospects". I think it would be best to finish out the player draft before filling our prospect coffers.

damor

Dec 28, 2006
The problem with starting the prospect draft right now is, and I could be wrong about this, but guys who played a handful of games in the last year or so, (ex: Nino Neiderrieter Brayden Schenn or Oliver Ekman-Larrson) are eligible to be drafted in the player draft, but they could also be considered "prospects". I think it would be best to finish out the player draft before filling our prospect coffers.

no, a prospect is someone who has not played a single nhl game....thats the definition according to this draft....id say after rd 9-11 it may be a smart idea, cause then we have approx 10 rds left in each draft

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
There you have it. Now I'm going to bed!

Also don't worry about the overalls, I know they are very far off after the 6th round and I will change it tomorrow.

NikF

Sep 24, 2006
Which thread do we post our picks in now? The stickied one or the new one?

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
wow looks like a lot got done over night.

Just my 2 cents but I think one way to speed the draft up is PMing the next GM behind you. Some people do not want to check in all the time and just want to know its their pick and come do it.

When people make their pick if they could just put, next gm PMed or anything similar I think it would speed it up

Thanks for damor and JM for keeping this draft going!

damor

Dec 28, 2006
Which thread do we post our picks in now? The stickied one or the new one?

looks great jmoss, nice job!!!!

i say keep posting picks in the sticky thread where weve already made rest of em and we will use jmoss's new thread as a great place in addition to see all the picked players, ill keep updating the excel as we go as well so the cap numbers, trades, and positions are all worked out and updated...what do u think?

as far as pm'ing ppl, sure its a way to speed up the draft BUT COME ON PPL WE ALL VOTED ON THE FASTER TIMESLOTS AND NOONE IS CHECKING THEM IN EXCEL OR THE MOBILE VERSION ON PG1 OF THE STICKY THREAD, THAT IS THE REASON THIS IS GOING SO SLOW, NOT NECESSARILY BECAUSE PM'ing....REMEMBER TIMESLOTS WERE ONLY SUPPOSED TO BE FOR A SAFETY NET, WE WANT GMS LOGGING ON EARLIER CHECKING TO SEE WHERE WE R AT, WHICH WOULD ALLOW SOME OF US TO PICK AHEAD OF SCHEDULE SO WE CAN GET THINGS MOVING

Last edited:

damor

Dec 28, 2006
what the heck did you do to the file???? i can no longer open it on my computer. :( did you change the format or something? arghhh.

ill try reposting it....but as i have mentioned in the past, if u were hitting save as try hitting open with next time or vise versa and it usually woks, not sure if it is hfboards or something but ive never changed the format, just some times for some ppl u have to do what i just mentioned

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
so what happened when i was gone

Interest from some GMs began wavering but it seems like things are going back on track, we just need to make sure we are PM'ing the next GMs in line and leaving a "PM'ed the next GM" tag at the end of our selections.

It doesn't get any easier to finish one of these leagues than this. With all the help from damor and JoeyMoss I can't understand why some people would lose interest. It literally doesn't get any easier than this for participants. Thanks again guys!

damor

Dec 28, 2006
It doesn't get any easier to finish one of these leagues than this. With all the help from damor and JoeyMoss I can't understand why some people would lose interest. It literally doesn't get any easier than this for participants. Thanks again guys!

Thanks for the appreciation dude!

On a side note tho, UNLESS ALL GM's MAKE UP THEIR MISSED PICKS FROM LAST RD BY COMPLETION OF RD 9, U WILL BE ELIMINATED AS GM OF UR TEAM, PHX GM WILL LIKELY BE FIRST TO GO AS HE'S MISSED SIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF HIS PICKS SO FAR AND BETTER SHAPE UP ALREADY.....NO MORE FLOATERS ON HERE, ESPECIALLY AFTER WHATS HAPPENED PAST FEW DAYS WITH THIS DRAFT!!!!!

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
looks great jmoss, nice job!!!!

i say keep posting picks in the sticky thread where weve already made rest of em and we will use jmoss's new thread as a great place in addition to see all the picked players, ill keep updating the excel as we go as well so the cap numbers, trades, and positions are all worked out and updated...what do u think?

as far as pm'ing ppl, sure its a way to speed up the draft BUT COME ON PPL WE ALL VOTED ON THE FASTER TIMESLOTS AND NOONE IS CHECKING THEM IN EXCEL OR THE MOBILE VERSION ON PG1 OF THE STICKY THREAD, THAT IS THE REASON THIS IS GOING SO SLOW, NOT NECESSARILY BECAUSE PM'ing....REMEMBER TIMESLOTS WERE ONLY SUPPOSED TO BE FOR A SAFETY NET, WE WANT GMS LOGGING ON EARLIER CHECKING TO SEE WHERE WE R AT, WHICH WOULD ALLOW SOME OF US TO PICK AHEAD OF SCHEDULE SO WE CAN GET THINGS MOVING
If you're doing it like that then I would just copy and paste the draft charts I've done into the 1st post of your thread.

damor

Dec 28, 2006
Thanks for the appreciation dude!

On a side note tho, UNLESS ALL GM's MAKE UP THEIR MISSED PICKS FROM LAST RD BY COMPLETION OF RD 9, U WILL BE ELIMINATED AS GM OF UR TEAM, PHX GM WILL LIKELY BE FIRST TO GO AS HE'S MISSED SIGNIFICANT NUMBER OF HIS PICKS SO FAR AND BETTER SHAPE UP ALREADY.....NO MORE FLOATERS ON HERE, ESPECIALLY AFTER WHATS HAPPENED PAST FEW DAYS WITH THIS DRAFT!!!!!

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED.
PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE ANY LONGER.
REFER TO NEW DISCUSSION THREAD IN STICKY

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I am back from my one week break
during that time i een getting alot of angry pm's
let me first off to start that i leave my HF on all the time so if it says that i am online think again sometimes
also think about this i have leagues that i started before this one that needs me there since i am the simmer(a very impoortant role)

i said a while ago if i miss a pick i will make it up later when i can.

in all i have to say that after being on all the time before the past week i don't think going out because family was here is a bad idea
there is life after HF

damor

Dec 28, 2006
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED.
PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE ANY LONGER (I ALREADY TOLD U).
REFER TO NEW DISCUSSION THREAD IN STICKY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad