D habs98 GM game v5.0 Vote

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

I'll preface my vote by saying this... IF they are not filled, I think a dispersal draft would be the way to go.

AccuracyFive

87SidGeno71
May 16, 2012
I'll preface my vote by saying this... IF they are not filled, I think a dispersal draft would be the way to go.

Agreed. Fa will become to crowded for all the agents and most GMs will try to clear as much cap as possible just for the star players.

However, I have one question:

In the dispersal draft idea, lets say I picked Rick Nash. What is his cap hit? His original one?

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Agreed. Fa will become to crowded for all the agents and most GMs will try to clear as much cap as possible just for the star players.

In the dispersal draft idea, lets say I picked Rick Nash. What is his cap hit? His original one?

yep you get all of the same contracts the players have

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Yes. The order was a problem the last time we tried this, so, I have an idea.

1) Try to make it weighted so that worse teams have a better shot at the first pick. If not, make it completely random.
2) The second round should be snaked, so, if a team is last in the first round, they'll be first in the second
3) Make sure that the players pick in the first round cannot be traded away. Last time, I remember Edmonton picking Yandle then IMMEDIATELY dealing him away. Allow pick trades, not player deals afterwards.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Yes. The order was a problem the last time we tried this, so, I have an idea.

1) Try to make it weighted so that worse teams have a better shot at the first pick. If not, make it completely random.
2) The second round should be snaked, so, if a team is last in the first round, they'll be first in the second
3) Make sure that the players pick in the first round cannot be traded away. Last time, I remember Edmonton picking Yandle then IMMEDIATELY dealing him away. Allow pick trades, not player deals afterwards.

i think to figure out the order i will do somthing like the Sidney Crosby lottery

Each team starts off with 4 balls For every playoff appearance in the last three years or No. 1 overall pick over the last four years, a team loses one ball.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

i think to figure out the order i will do somthing like the Sidney Crosby lottery

Each team starts off with 4 balls For every playoff appearance in the last three years or No. 1 overall pick over the last four years, a team loses one ball.

How about the last three years :sarcasm:

minion

Oct 6, 2008
Lincoln NE
If a dispersal draft is chosen it should occur before free agency... will have a large impact on offers and offers to whomever

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

The huge problem with bringing these players to FA is that the contenders will get ahold of them, and it would make the game not really fun for anyone except them. The rich would get richer. The draft would ensure fairness for everyone, and actually make the good teams have to work.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The huge problem with bringing these players to FA is that the contenders will get ahold of them, and it would make the game not really fun for anyone except them. The rich would get richer. The draft would ensure fairness for everyone, and actually make the good teams have to work.

What???? You mean the Nucks won't add Benn and Nash for free???:cry:

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...

So how many balls would montreal receive?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad