D habs98 GM Game v4.5-Sign Up+ Discussion(8 teams available )

RogueStatus

Devils-Redhawks
Oct 15, 2008
:nashville has solidified its defense core with its final addition before the deadline

To :nashville Johnny Oduya
To :nhl Austin Watson + Linus Klasen

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
I'm going to post my lines because I might not be here when voting rolls around... Cell service is weird.

:nucks

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows
Malone - Kesler - Samuelsson
Korpikovski - Malhotra - Hansen
Higgins - Lapierre - Oreskovich

Bieksa - Hamhuis
Edler - Salo
Ballard - Tanev
Rome
Alberts
Sulzer

Luongo
Garon

Jul 10, 2010
I meant Rogue, my bad. And Mohaj, I feel like an idiot for waiving JayBo now. I did not waive Iginla. I thought it was clear he wanted to stay in Calgary. But, anyways, my team may not have the star power Pittsburgh has, but, my depth is all-round better, IMO. I still think I can get 2nd IF people see that.

Maybe I should stop making defensively oriented teams... :sarcasm:

i think my defense is much better in terms of top line talent and depth.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

i think my defense is much better in terms of top line talent and depth.

Wull duh, you made the team! (Meaning you think they are better)

The only thing you can't deny is that my forward group has better depth and I inherited MUCH less.

RogueStatus

Devils-Redhawks
Oct 15, 2008
:nashville VOTE :nashville

FORWARDS
Patrick Marleau ($6.900m) / Evgeni Malkin ($8.700m) / Patric Hornqvist ($3.083m)
Martin Erat ($4.500m) / Mike Fisher ($4.200m) / Tomas Fleischmann ($4.500m)
Blake Comeau ($2.300m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / David Clarkson ($2.667m)
Jordin Tootoo ($1.250m) / Jerred Smithson ($0.800m) / Cal O'Reilly ($1.050m)
Nick Spaling ($1.050m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($3.500m) / Tobias Enstrom ($3.750m)
Dennis Wideman ($3.937m) / Brooks Orpik ($0.950m)
Jonathon Blum ($0.941m) / Johnny Oduya ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Pekka Rinne ($3.400m) / Anders Lindback ($0.875m)

We have a stellar top line of Marleau, Malkin and Hornqvist. Very strong secondary scoring and grit on our 2nd and 3rd lines. Our fourth line is full of grit and will be very tough to play or score against.

Our defense is stellar and being led by Enstrom and Suter. Our second line brings alot of offensive firepower in Wideman and Blum. Our 3rd pairing is also very strong in Orpik and Oduya.

To top that off we have the best goalie in the game in Pekka Rinne and he will stop the few things that actually get to him.

Nashville is a team built to win the Cup and we believe we have the deepest and most talented roster in the league.

HabsFanFromOntario

May 7, 2011

FORWARDS
Patrick Marleau ($6.900m) / Evgeni Malkin ($8.700m) / Patric Hornqvist ($3.083m)
Martin Erat ($4.500m) / Mike Fisher ($4.200m) / Tomas Fleischmann ($4.500m)
Blake Comeau ($2.300m) / David Legwand ($4.500m) / David Clarkson ($2.667m)
Jordin Tootoo ($1.250m) / Jerred Smithson ($0.800m) / Cal O'Reilly ($1.050m)
Nick Spaling ($1.050m)

DEFENSEMEN
Ryan Suter ($3.500m) / Tobias Enstrom ($3.750m)
Dennis Wideman ($3.937m) / Brooks Orpik ($0.950m)
Jonathon Blum ($0.941m) / Johnny Oduya ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS
Pekka Rinne ($3.400m) / Anders Lindback ($0.875m)

We have a stellar top line of Marleau, Malkin and Hornqvist. Very strong secondary scoring and grit on our 2nd and 3rd lines. Our fourth line is full of grit and will be very tough to play or score against.

Our defense is stellar and being led by Enstrom and Suter. Our second line brings alot of offensive firepower in Wideman and Blum. Our 3rd pairing is also very strong in Orpik and Oduya.

To top that off we have the best goalie in the game in Pekka Rinne and he will stop the few things that actually get to him.

Nashville is a team built to win the Cup and we believe we have the deepest and most talented roster in the league.

niice

Jul 10, 2010
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
James Neal ($2.875m) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / Jarome Iginla ($7.000m)
Chris Kunitz ($3.725m) / Colin Wilson ($1.725m) / Tyler Kennedy ($2.000m)
Eric Tangradi ($0.845m) / Dustin Jeffrey ($0.575m) / Steve Sullivan ($1.500m)
Arron Asham ($0.775m) / Mark Letestu ($0.625m) / Craig Adams ($0.675m)
Matt Bradley ($0.750m)

DEFENSEMEN
Shea Weber ($6.000m) / Jay Bouwmeester ($6.680m)
Douglas Murray ($2.500m) / Kristopher Letang ($3.500m)
Simon Despres ($0.840m) / Oliver Ekman-Larsson ($1.750m)
Ben Lovejoy ($0.525m) / Deryk Engelland ($0.566m)

GOALTENDERS
Marc-Andre Fleury ($5.000m) / Brent Johnson ($0.600m)

VOTE :pens
We have a steller first line. Crosby to Iginla GOAL! and Iginla to Crosby, GOAL will be heard throughout all arenas. Neal puts in garbage goals all day. Colin Wilson has showed that he is a very capable top 6 center. kunitz and kennedy will both provide steller two way play and excel at both ends of the rink. jeffreys addition to the 3rd line adds speed to go with tangardis strength and sullivans nack for putting the biscuit in the basket. our fourth line has two of the best pkers in the game in asham and adams. letetsu is a young guy getting some playing time, matt bradley is a versitile injury fill in guy.

i dare you to show me a pairing better then weber-bouwmeester. if you can good job. id be afraid to play against shea weber and his beard. i wouldnt risk my body to stand in front of his slapper. JBo will provide solid defence and quick snappers to keep the defence off balance. both excel wherever they are on the ice. letang is a #2, that instead will get to play against weaker matchup. murray is a very good stay at home that played with dan boyle and should be able to adjust to letang as both play very similar. OEL will get sheltered minutes and benefit from playing on the same team as weber. despres will surprise many people and play solid. if not englland and lovejoy will fill in and provide solid play.

VOTE :pens VOTE :pens

RogueStatus

Devils-Redhawks
Oct 15, 2008

FORWARDS
James Neal ($2.875m) / Sidney Crosby ($8.700m) / Jarome Iginla ($7.000m)
Chris Kunitz ($3.725m) / Colin Wilson ($1.725m) / Tyler Kennedy ($2.000m)
Eric Tangradi ($0.845m) / Dustin Jeffrey ($0.575m) / Steve Sullivan ($1.500m)
Arron Asham ($0.775m) / Mark Letestu ($0.625m) / Craig Adams ($0.675m)
Matt Bradley ($0.750m)

DEFENSEMEN
Shea Weber ($6.000m) / Jay Bouwmeester ($6.680m)
Douglas Murray ($2.500m) / Kristopher Letang ($3.500m)
Simon Despres ($0.840m) / Oliver Ekman-Larsson ($1.750m)
Ben Lovejoy ($0.525m) / Deryk Engelland ($0.566m)

GOALTENDERS
Marc-Andre Fleury ($5.000m) / Brent Johnson ($0.600m)

VOTE :pens
We have a steller first line. Crosby to Iginla GOAL! and Iginla to Crosby, GOAL will be heard throughout all arenas. Neal puts in garbage goals all day. Colin Wilson has showed that he is a very capable top 6 center. kunitz and kennedy will both provide steller two way play and excel at both ends of the rink. jeffreys addition to the 3rd line adds speed to go with tangardis strength and sullivans nack for putting the biscuit in the basket. our fourth line has two of the best pkers in the game in asham and adams. letetsu is a young guy getting some playing time, matt bradley is a versitile injury fill in guy.

i dare you to show me a pairing better then weber-bouwmeester. if you can good job. id be afraid to play against shea weber and his beard. i wouldnt risk my body to stand in front of his slapper. JBo will provide solid defence and quick snappers to keep the defence off balance. both excel wherever they are on the ice. letang is a #2, that instead will get to play against weaker matchup. murray is a very good stay at home that played with dan boyle and should be able to adjust to letang as both play very similar. OEL will get sheltered minutes and benefit from playing on the same team as weber. despres will surprise many people and play solid. if not englland and lovejoy will fill in and provide solid play.

VOTE :pens VOTE :pens

Done. Suter-Enstrom

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

:leafs

FORWARDS
Ryane Clowe ($3.625m) / Joe Pavelski ($4.000m) / Phil Kessel ($5.400m)
Clarke MacArthur ($3.250m) / Mikhail Grabovski ($2.900m) / Nikolai Kulemin ($2.350m)
Evander Kane ($3.100m) / Tim Connolly ($4.750m) / Colby Armstrong ($3.000m)
Mike Brown ($0.736m) / Patrice Cormier (0.855m) / Colton Orr ($1.000m)
Todd Marchant ($0.525m) / Jarko Ruutu ($0.525m)

DEFENSEMEN
Dan Boyle ($6.666m) / Luke Schenn ($3.500m)
Dustin Byfuglien ($5.200m) / Dion Phaneuf ($6.500m)
Keith Aulie ($0.733m) / Cody Franson ($0.800m)
Paul Mara ($0.525m)

GOALTENDERS
Niklas Backstrom ($6.000m) / James Reimer ($1.800m)

Old explanation

What have I done to improve the roster? A lot, actually. The Leafs have had a couple of majors problems over the past few years, and as a Leafs fan, I had to address them.

1) Not having decent linemates for Kessel
2) Not getting scoring from anyone outside of Kessel, Macarthur, Grabovski or Kulemin
3) Having a low scoring blueline
4) Goaltending
5) Special teams

Now, how have I improved this team? Let me show you how I addressed these problems

1) I obtained Ryane Clowe and Joe Pavelski. Not only are these two VERY defensively responsible, but, they also were top 15 or above in scoring in their respective positions, giving us a very potent attack. Ryane Clowe was tied for 10th in left winger scoring (Clarke Macarthur was also tied with him), Joe Pavelski was tied for 14th in centre scoring and Phil Kessel was in the top 10 for right wing scoring. With Lupul and Bozak, Kessel was PPG, and with Paveski and Clowe, he'll continue that trend.

2) We have three scoring lines. We now have Evander Kane and Tim Connolly who together should put up a decent amount of points, and Evander should hover around the 30 goal mark.

3) By having Phaneuf, Byfuglien, Boyle and Franson, we now have a VERY high scoring blueline who are also defensively oriented (If you watch them play, Phaneuf, Byfulgien, Boyle, and Franson are all two-way defenders).

4) Niklas Backstrom is a top 10 goalie, and with my improved defense (Both defenseman and defensive forwards), he should be better than he was with the Wild.

5) Our powerplay has no shortage of options with potentially 5 guys at point (Connolly, Boyle, Phaneuf, and Byfuglien) and 8 guys on forward duty. And penalty kill? It doesn't get much better than Pavelski - Clowe and Connolly - Armstrong.

Basically, we have revamped the entire team. We intend to make a push for our division, and maybe more. We feel we have the team to do it, so, all we need now is your vote.

New explanation

We made one major move at the deadline. Dan Boyle. He will pair with Schenn and form literally the perfect PMD - Shutdown pairing. Schenn is a top 2 defender when he has a competent puck mover, and we feel that Dan Boyle may be the top puck mover in the entire league. Not only that, but Boyle is incredibly solid defensively, and is probably one of the best in the league in the defensive end (Yes, better than a lot of shutdown defenders). Because of this, they Boyle - Schenn pairing is now my number 1 pairing, with Byfuglien and Phaneuf being the second. This gives us, in my opinion, 4 top 2 defenders and 2 top 4 defenders in Aulie and Franson (End of the year last year they were beasts!). I feel I have a top 3 defense, if not the best defense in the league.

Now, don't forget about my forward group! While Clowe and Pavelski are some of the best defensive forwards in the game, with Phil Kessel, they will become consistent 70 point players (Along with Kessel). My second line has shown outstanding chemistry, defensive ability, and the capability to put up 60 points each. My third line has Tim Connolly, who has all of the talent in the world, but, has never been given a winger. We feel that Kane is that winger. Not only is Kane offensively gifted, he will be great defensively with Connolly and Armstrong, and, having Army clear the way for Connolly to feed Kane is just a bonus. My fourth line will break you down if you decide to run one of our players. They are nasty!

And how can we forget goaltending? Backstrom can be a top 5 goalie in the league when he is behind my new and improved blue line. In fact, we expect him to make a push for the Vezina.

... After reading that huge novel, I just have one thing to say.

Vote :leafs

EDIT: We also have the best goal song in the league!

Last edited by a moderator:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
oh what the hay
Trade deadline is moved to 2 am

why am i doing this
it's late and gives people time to post rosters and update them
i will take any votes already sent but votes are needed starting at 12:00

Blackhawks26

6 time Cup Champions
Jun 17, 2011
Orland Park IL
Tyler Pitlick ($900k)/ Joe Thornton ($7.000m) / Jonathan Huberdeau ($900k)
Nazem Kadri ($900K) / Matthew Lombardi ($3.500m) / Joffery Lupul ($3.100m)
Torrey Mitchell ($1.366m) / Michal Handzus ($2.500m) / Benn Ferriero ($0.605m)

DEFENSEMEN
John-Michael Liles ($4.55m) / MATT LASHOFF (600k)
Erik Gudbranson (900k)/ O.Klefbom (900k)
Marc-Edouard Vlasic ($3.100m)/ Nick Leddy (900k)
Justin Braun ($0.875m)
GOALTENDERS

Antti Niemi ($3.800m) / Evgeni Nabokov ($0.570m)

Vote :sharks LAST!

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
vote edmonton to make the playoffs

hall hopkins eberle
smyth horcoff verstegg
harty bouchard marchad
eager belanger jones
hordiuhuk

burns yandle
whitney gilbert
smid peckham

emery
dubnyk

The best top 3 dman in he league. all three are in the top 10 for dman. this team should be in playoffs alone for that reason

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
:caps

FORWARDS
Alexander Ovechkin ($9.538m) / Nicklas Backstrom ($6.700m) / Ilya Kovalchuk ($6.666m)
Jeff Skinner ($1.400m) / Brooks Laich ($4.500m) / Shane Doan ($4.550m)
Mike Knuble ($2.000m) / Kyle Turris ($2.000m) / Sergei Kostitsyn ($2.500m)
Nick Foligno ($1.200m) / Marcus Johansson ($0.900m) / Cory Stillman ($2.000m)
Alexei Kovalev ($0.750m) / Jeff Halpern ($0.825m)

DEFENSEMEN
Mike Green ($5.250m) / Anton Volchenkov ($4.250m)
Karl Alzner ($1.285m) / John Carlson ($0.845m)
Dmitri Kulikov ($1.325m) / Jeff Schultz ($2.750m)
Roman Hamrlik ($3.500m)

GOALTENDERS
Tomas Vokoun ($1.500m) / Michal Neuvirth ($1.150m)

Look at that team
We have a alot of depth as you can see
He are a good balance team of not just scoring but ages
some are all old of too young but we have a good mix
and we have alot of leadership too.
Even If teams are able to shutdown thta top line we still of depth
we have so munch depth good players like Hamrilk and Halpern have to sit.
Most team contending or have superstars the rest of the roster isn't has good or they have a weak defense
we are a all round team and can score from any line

Vote :caps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->