D Dylan MacKinnon - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2023, 83rd, NSH)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Dylan MacKinnon at eliteprospects.com

Likely the best defender out of the Q for 2023, good skater with a strong two way game, has been compared to Justin Barron. Going to be a guy to watch for 2023.

QMJHL Rights: Halifax Mooseheads
QMJHL Draft: Halifax Mooseheads (R1, 2021, #5 Overall)

USHL Rights: Sioux City Musketeers
USHL Draft: Sioux City Musketeers (R10, 2021, #143 Overall)

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
He likes to play physical too and Weber is his idol. He's a big kid so once he beefs up a bit more he's gonna become a prescence.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Not related Dylan is from New Brunswick and Nate is from Cole Harbour. Very common last name out this way!

Nathan MacKinnon, Dylan MacKinnon, Evan MacKinnon, Ryan MacKinnon, Carson MacKinnon all recent-ish QMJHL players and only 2 were related

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Made TC for a Hlinka and has put up a Physical performance so far.
This player is the sleeper on Team Canada. Big, mobile, physical. Plays with confidence. Fearless in the corner. A certain NHLer. Will go lower in the draft than he should and to the regret of every team that passes on him.

Reactions: Dominance

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
This player is the sleeper on Team Canada. Big, mobile, physical. Plays with confidence. Fearless in the corner. A certain NHLer. Will go lower in the draft than he should and to the regret of every team that passes on him.
Maybe - i'd like to see more offense in his game, and a more consistent effort out of him. I also don't know if Halifax is the best place for him to develop. You have at least Whynot. Furlong and Moravec who are ahead of him on the depth chart as of now, probably even Brady Schultz if he decides to return. He's in a tough spot for ice time. However he is the best RD Halifax have and that may help him. I hope he succeeds and agree, he has the tools and size that make him an intriguing prospect.

db56

May 19, 2013
novascotia
By the look what I saw him play in the tournament he going to have a big season with Halifax this year. I think you will see him with Furlong as the season go on

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was impressed with him also. He's big, skates well, and has some flashes of ability with his puck game, but nothing I'd say looks too good yet. Haven't seen enough to say much more than that, but I thought he looked like a guy that could be a riser on draft boards throughout this season.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Any updated report & draft projection for this player?

My guess is that he'll go in the 3rd-5th rounds. He doesn't show a bunch of offensive upside but he is tall, rangy, an excellent skater, understands proper spacing and gap control on the rush, shuts down plays routinely in the defensive zone, and is very strong while having a lot of room to grow into his frame.

He won't be a main puck mover on any defensive pairing but with his defensive and skating ability I think he could be a solid partner to a puck mover on just about any pairing as he moves into the next level.

Reactions: Brent Burns Beard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad