Prospect Info: D Declan Chisholm (2018 5th, 150th overall) - Signed ELC

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Looking promising in his D+1 isn't a guarantee, in this you are right. There's no making the NHL until you make it. However, how a player does relative to personal history and his cohorts makes it easier to gauge just how likely (or unlikely) a prospect is to make the NHL. Chisholm is clipping along at a PPG in the OHL, while facing the top matchups on his team. He's leading his team in scoring by 7 points. He's just a scant handful of players on his team in positive double digits for +/-. Yes, I know that the stat is very flawed, but you can still get use out of it by seeing how the team stacks up against each other; there's someone with a -11, opposite of the +13 that another player has.

To summarize, he's:
- More than doubled his offensive production
- Increased his minutes played
- Is facing the best opposition each night

Declan Chisholm - Prospect-Stats

This is an excellent resource for advanced stats in the CHL. Take a look at how his stats and usage has changed in the 3 years he's been in the league. Looking at how much he's grown, it's hard to not get excited for the idea of him being good enough to play in the NHL.

Yup.

Don't know why you are telling me this though. Did I knock him as a prospect? I'm very excited by his progress.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
25 assists over 28 games played is pretty unbelievable. Is there a breakdown of 5x5 vs. PP points available anywhere? I'd like to find out how he's scoring all these points.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Why is your kid wearing a red jersey? :)

He's got

1 5v5 goal
2 PP goals

20 5v5 assists
4 PP assists
1 SH assist

Thanks for this breakdown. And he's doing this while regularly playing against the other team's best. Looking more and more like a heady, super-mobile Morrissey-type player, though without the physicality (not saying he'll get there, of course).

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I have no idea what Canada's junior defenceman depth is but he should be a likely pick for the World Junior's right?

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I have no idea what Canada's junior defenceman depth is but he should be a likely pick for the World Junior's right?

He's likely going to get an invite I think. Bouchard, POJ, Dobson, MsIsaac, Merkley, Brook, Smith, Woo, Addison, Bernard-Docker are all likely invited as well among others. It's going to be a damn tough team to make.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
He's likely going to get an invite I think. Bouchard, POJ, Dobson, MsIsaac, Merkley, Brook, Smith, Woo, Addison, Bernard-Docker are all likely invited as well among others. It's going to be a damn tough team to make.
Hey Dax when you have the time it would be nice for you to do a post running through the chances of all our prospects making their World junior team. This goes for any of you prospect hawks that watch these kids closely.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
He's got

1 5v5 goal
2 PP goals

20 5v5 assists
4 PP assists
1 SH assist

Thank you kindly!

Those are some incredible numbers. It seems like he's the Jets #3 prospect right now behind KVes and Niku. That happened quick!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Thank you kindly!

Those are some incredible numbers. It seems like he's the Jets #3 prospect right now behind KVes and Niku. That happened quick!
Samberg got bumped. Which is incredible those 2 guys are going to make the Jets so good in a few years(fingers crossed).

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

No. There were 12 D-men invited to the Canada summer World Junior showcase and he was not one of them

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Doesn't /really/ seem like there's too many locks with regards to defensemen. Bouchard is one for sure, but the rest... dunno, really. Brook, maybe?

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Doesn't /really/ seem like there's too many locks with regards to defensemen. Bouchard is one for sure, but the rest... dunno, really. Brook, maybe?
Dobson, Smith, Brook, Bouchard are all locks at this point.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Ranking our defense prospects....attempt #2:

upload_2018-12-3_11-33-46.png

ugghhh....fail #2. can a mod move this to the Prospects thread?

Last edited:

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Gawanke ahead of Stanley is wrong IMO

I would rank our D prospects like this

Samberg
Niku

Stanley
Green
Kovacevic

Chisholm
Vallati
Gawanke

Evingson
Cederholm

The groupings reflect their potential. Top 1/2, top 4, Top 6, Tweeners

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Gawanke ahead of Stanley is wrong IMO

I would rank our D prospects like this

Samberg
Niku

Stanley
Green
Kovacevic

Chisholm
Vallati
Gawanke

Evingson
Cederholm

The groupings reflect their potential. Top 1/2, top 4, Top 6, Tweeners

I'm curious as to why Stanley is ranked in the second group. All the defenseman in the third group have out performed him at equivalent ages in junior.

Reactions: MardyBum

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I'm curious as to why Stanley is ranked in the second group. All the defenseman in the third group have out performed him at equivalent ages in junior.

I like what I have seen so far in the AHL. But I don't expect anything from him callup wise till next season

Reactions: Robinson2187

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad