D David Svozil - Ilves-U20, (2024 Draft)

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Stanislav's younger brother David signed a contract with the Ilves (Tampere, Finland). Last season, David was the best defender in 06's in the Czech league-U17.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The next Kaberle brothers! (Frantisek was very under rated!).

Imagine if one family could fill a third of our Top 6 with actual NHL talent? They'd be heroes.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
The next Kaberle brothers! (Frantisek was very under rated!).

Imagine if one family could fill a third of our Top 6 with actual NHL talent? They'd be heroes.
David Svozil isn't the only younger brother of a D NHL prospect from the 2006 generation, Tomas Galvas (Jakub's brother) and Adam Jiricek (David's brother) are also there, all three seem to be promising.

So in the craziest outcome, Czech defense could look ike this:
Svozil - Svozil
Jiricek - Jiricek
Galvas - Galvas

lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
David Svozil isn't the only younger brother of a D NHL prospect from the 2006 generation, Tomas Galvas (Jakub's brother) and Adam Jiricek (David's brother) are also there, all three seem to be promising.

Svozil - Svozil
Jiricek - Jiricek
Galvas - Galvas

lol
Thats probably already better than what we have had in the last decade.lol

Third line could be the 3 Zohorna's too.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

Svozil - Svozil
Jiricek - Jiricek
Galvas - Galvas

lol
Last year, Tomáš Galvas was by far the best defender of our team, who clearly surpassed the opponents' players. He skates well, wins the smartness of personal duels, is very happy and knows how to support the attack. There is great potential here.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Looks like a good player. Defensive consistency needs to improve, and I don't know if he's some elite skater or offensive player, but plays the game similar to his brother and I would project a similar draft range.

Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Looks like a good player. Defensive consistency needs to improve, and I don't know if he's some elite skater or offensive player, but plays the game similar to his brother and I would project a similar draft range.
I like your assessment of Czech players. The biggest disappointment of the players you rated is Jecho. He is a sturdy, clumsy player. Someone here once wrote that he is a generational talent, I honestly laughed at that, but he is not even close to good enough to attack the first two rounds of the draft. Svozil looks like he will need to work on his skating, but he looks like a fairly interesting player.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Very curious where Svozil ranks on an actual NHL team's list. His statline is brutal so far, but I think a lot of it is a result of his team being absolute crap. That being said, he does feel like a boom/bust type prospect, one shift he looks like a 1st rounder and the next like someone you don't even bother scouting.

I wonder if a move to the OHL is a possibility this year. Could do wonders to his draft chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad