D David Reinbacher - EHC Kloten, NL (2023, 5th, MTL)

JohnJim

Mar 19, 2022
This guy will be a top two round draft pick next year. He has a great season in Switzerland.
Odd there's no talk of him yet. Almost ppg in U20 league and almost the same point production rate in SL in his D-1 season rate than Othmann had in his draft season.

Josi was about ppg in U20-Elit in his D-1 season too. How much has the quality in that league changed since Josi played there?

Reactions: Ar

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Can someone with knowledge of Swiss hockey contribute here?

Seems like there is a wide gap in talent in the clubs in the second division.

Were Reinbacher's stats with Kloten impressive because they are so much better than the opposition or is there real potential here?

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Its probably right to stay as he could have a sizable role next year in one of the best european Leagues. I like him as a player, he has a mature game and an NHL frame already. I am not to sure about his offensive upside however so I dont see him taken in the frist round. He could go of the board in the second though if he has a good year.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Odd there's no talk of him yet. Almost ppg in U20 league and almost the same point production rate in SL in his D-1 season rate than Othmann had in his draft season.

Josi was about ppg in U20-Elit in his D-1 season too. How much has the quality in that league changed since Josi played there?

U20 league in Switzerland is not great competition (most guys who are on any kind of radar are full time players, and often very productive, as D-1 players), and you have to remember that Josi was 9 months younger too.

Right now, Reinbacher needs to aim to be Nickl 2.0. Both were late birthday Austrian defensemen. Nickl went in the early 4th round.

Reinbacher has done enough to enter the conversation, but only as a fringy late round guy. If he wants to really standout, then he needs to do well in either the CHL (like Nickl) or in the NL and shows he can be a standout for Austria internationally (Nickl has done much better than Reinbacher here thus far).

JapanesePopstar

Sep 29, 2021
Has anyone seen the WJC game against Germany yesterday? Only read some comments that suggested he didn't look great. Bit disappointing to hear since he also wasn't exactly the expected standout at the WJC-18 D1B earlier this year.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Has anyone seen the WJC game against Germany yesterday? Only read some comments that suggested he didn't look great. Bit disappointing to hear since he also wasn't exactly the expected standout at the WJC-18 D1B earlier this year.
I thought he looked good when he wasn’t in the penalty box. One of only a few defenders that could create offence from the point and he was physically imposing when Germany had a rush. I came away impressed, even if he took a couple stupid penaltys.

JapanesePopstar

Sep 29, 2021
Guess it wasn't that bad, he was on the ice for Kloten's first game of the season. Didn't play much (almost 8 minutes of icetime, no special teams) but was on the ice for Kloten's only goal.

GuiLef14

Apr 25, 2022
Vienna

Haven't seen a game of him this season to be honest, but I'm pretty excited that he's doing so well thus far. He's averging 17:26 TOI per game, which is the 7th highest average of all Kloten players and the 2nd highest of all Kloten defenders.
He's leading all under-20 players in the NL with 5 points (1 goal, 4 assists) in 13 games. That would project to around 20 points on the season. Without being a National League expert I'd still say, that this would be pretty impressive.

His debut in our national team should also be right ahead of him. Hopefully already in the Deutschland Cup next month.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
It's not Austria, unfortunately. Those kids are good because they are leaving for Switzerland (Rossi, Reinbacher) or Sweden (Kasper, maybe Scherzer) at an early age. The Austrian developmental system is no better than before...

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

His goal didn't count but he was very much in the middle of things vs the local rivals of ZSC Lions. Love how he just casually bumps into the goaltender to then try to get away as if nothing happened:laugh::popcorn:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Currently one of the fastest rising draft rising draft prospects.

2nd in TOI per game among NL Kloten defenders (17:40).

Also looks like he'll get his first games with the Austrian National team in soon. He's on their roster for the upcoming Deutschlandcup.

Last edited:

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Received a B rating (2-3rd round) in Central Scouting's preliminary ratings.

Any news on his play so far?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad