D Cale Makar - UMass (Amherst), NCAA (2017, 4th, COL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
damn. dude is slick. I've been beating the drum that Hockey Canada needs to take him to the World Hockey Championships in May to play vs. the men.

I wonder if Hockey Canada will have any animosity toward Makar after turning down the Olympics that might affect this type of decision. I am not saying they should, but I have seen how Hockey Canada has operated at times in the past. In retrospect, Makar made the right decision not to attend the Olympics as he likely would have received very little ice time.

ginomini

May 25, 2014
Someone on reddit posted another clip from the game of him messing around

These are the kind of dangles I saw in the AJHL and was assured he'd never pull them off in the NCAA. Yeah okay.

where did you get that video ?

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
I wonder if Hockey Canada will have any animosity toward Makar after turning down the Olympics that might affect this type of decision. I am not saying they should, but I have seen how Hockey Canada has operated at times in the past. In retrospect, Makar made the right decision not to attend the Olympics as he likely would have received very little ice time.

not really sure if Burke continues on in his role now that the Olympics are done, and usually Hockey Canada selects a NHL GM to run the show for the WHC anyway, so, not really sure that GM would care all that much if a few bureaucrats at Hockey Canada got their feelings hurt over the Makar decision.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
they showed his coast to coast goal in the MSG intermission report. that was awesome.

And not even the most awesome clip of him from that game. Seeing him take over and have his best game of the season in the playoffs is so exciting. Kid's totally blue line MacKinnon, not just in the way he moves but the way he raises his game when they matter most.

manroth19

May 20, 2015
What a talent. Crazy to look at the d prospects in Colorado compared to this time last year. Sakic & co did good

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What a talent. Crazy to look at the d prospects in Colorado compared to this time last year. Sakic & co did good

Even the forgotten Nicolas Meloche has been coming on strong these past two months that he's actually gotten minutes with the shared-AHL-team to claim that top pairing spot.

With Zadorov & Girard already shining on the left side of our NHL team, the avs U23 blueliners are really exciting for avs fans

manroth19

May 20, 2015
I didn’t even mean to slight meloche and zadarov. Just adding Girard Timmins and makar in a span of 6 or so months is ridiculous.

Good to see Makar silencing the ill informed doubters/haters/trolls

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Please sir.. just a smidgin', give us' some D prospects..

Hopefully someone like McIsaac is there when we pick in the first, because a lefty with that kind of upside, who we could slow burn would compliment things beautifully...assuming we don't get some lotto love and solve our 2nd line question with Svech or Zadina...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->