D Axel Rindell - Jukurit, Liiga (2020, 177th, TOR)

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
He has had an incredible rookie season in Liiga on a low scoring team. I think he could be a possible late round overager pick at the 2020 draft.

4+9 in 26 games on a team that has scored 67 goals this season and is one of the bottom teams in Liiga. He unfortunately was cut from the Finnish U20 WJC team, but I think that is mostly because of previous showings on the national team and they didn't have a proper role for him.

He is someone to keep an eye on for the future.

Scouting report:
Axel Rindell

Eliteprospects:
Axel Rindell at eliteprospects.com

1st Liiga goal:

Assist:

His 4th Liiga goal:

Last edited:

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
No love for his 1G 2A game today? Seems like a great value pick!

Axel Rindell (20)
GP16
Points11
rel.CF%+6.8%
ATOI20:10
OZS47.0%
oiSH%9.4%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
He's having an incredible season on a terrible team. Not Kokkonen level incredible, but fantastic for a 6th round double OA.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
No love for his 1G 2A game today? Seems like a great value pick!
Love to see him performing but it's important to give context. This is technically his D+3 year. Still very good but if he wasn't performing at this point it would be questionable as to why a pick was used on him.

Nevertheless, he is performing so all looks well so far.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Great guy.

Hope Tappara will buy him, if they lose Kemiläinen to Jokerit when Lehtonen leaves to Toronto.

Tappara will need a skill right hadness, if Kemiläine leaves. And Jukurit has no money to keep him.

Big teams will eat the small ones. Just like NHL-level Toronto will eat KHL-level Jokerit (for Lehtonen), and KHL-Jokerit will eat Liiga-level Tappara (for Kemiläinen) and Tappara will eat Mestis-level Jukurit for a guy like Axel Rindell.

That's the way of life, in European hockey.

Reactions: hn777

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Great guy.

Hope Tappara will buy him, if they lose Kemiläinen to Jokerit when Lehtonen leaves to Toronto<´.

off topic. it’s so odd to hear acquiring a player as “buying” them. I hear it in european football a lot but in that situation they’re literally buying their rights for money.

Can you buy player contracts in liiga? if so how much do high end and low end players typically cost?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
off topic. it’s so odd to hear acquiring a player as “buying” them. I hear it in european football a lot but in that situation they’re literally buying their rights for money.

Can you buy player contracts in liiga? if so how much do high end and low end players typically cost?

Rich teams kind of buy, because the weak teams just sell them after the chances for the playoffs are gone.

Not much differ of the NHL sellers at the deadline.

Then NHL teams will sell players for picks, at Europe they will just just shed salaries out to have better financial results.

Reactions: BoredBrandonPridham

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Gotta say, this guy is having an incredible age 20 season and it's flying under the radar because he was a double over ager and 6th round pick.

a) He's on one of the worst teams in Liiga. (3rd worst CF%, 3rd least goals, 4th most goals against)
b) He's the only defenseman in the league wearing the gold helmet (leading the team in points).
c) He's second on his team in ice-time (after 3rd round 2019 pick Kokkonen, who's also having an excellent season)
d) His rel.CF% is +6.8.
e) He has 6 points in his last 4 games.

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
This guy actually looks like he has the chance to be a player, I hope whenever he’s with the marlies next season and then can get a couple of games up with the Leafs. I think he’s good enough to play 5-10 NHL games next year.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
This guy actually looks like he has the chance to be a player, I hope whenever he’s with the marlies next season and then can get a couple of games up with the Leafs. I think he’s good enough to play 5-10 NHL games next year.
Thats pushing it. He needs work defensively, and if he makes it, it's probably in 3 years time.

Reactions: EXTRAS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad