D Axel Andersson - Djurgardens J20, SuperElit (2018, 57th, BOS, traded to ANA)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Craig Button had him ranked #34 in his January ranking. Has pretty good numbers in the SuperElit so far. Can any Swedish posters comment on his play?

HockeyRobinson

Jun 6, 2015
Victoria, BC
I like him. He's mobile, plays the right side, and isn't afraid to jump up into the play. Pretty decent positioning and stick too.

I've got him at 42 on my board as of today.

Reactions: Tryamkin

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Great skater and smart player. Pretty similar to Lundkvist who the Rangers took in the first round. Needs to get bigger and more solid. Puck-mover with great skating who can defend. Most likely not quite skilled enough to be a PP guy.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Great skater and smart player. Pretty similar to Lundkvist who the Rangers took in the first round. Needs to get bigger and more solid. Puck-mover with great skating who can defend. Most likely not quite skilled enough to be a PP guy.

Offensively, his numbers look good and everything points to him being a guy who could be on a PP if he makes it. Just curious why you don’t think he’s skilled enough to be a PP guy?

Definitely like reading over and over that he’s a good/great skater and smart.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Offensively, his numbers look good and everything points to him being a guy who could be on a PP if he makes it. Just curious why you don’t think he’s skilled enough to be a PP guy?

Definitely like reading over and over that he’s a good/great skater and smart.

I just don't think he's skilled and has vision to the extreme where he could run a power play in the best league in the world. He's more of a transitional guy than a PPQB. In fact I think two of his teammates on his junior team are better PP options (Simon Johansson, MIN and Tobias Björnfot, 2019 draft). Same with the national team, there will just be a couple of better options, not a knock on Andersson but that's not where his main strengths are. He's got a pretty good shot though.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Great value late in the 2nd rd for Andersson. I don't know what it is with Bruins scouts finding players in the 2nd rd. But IMO this one may be another steal for them as 2nd rd'ers go.

Reactions: BruinsBtn

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Great value late in the 2nd rd for Andersson. I don't know what it is with Bruins scouts finding players in the 2nd rd. But IMO this one may be another steal for them as 2nd rd'ers go.

Curious to know your your reasoning behind this, what do you like about his game and what are your projections?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Curious to know your your reasoning behind this, what do you like about his game and what are your projections?

Was watching Boqvist in the under 18 tournament and noticed Andersson. Looked good to me, mobile and skilled. Perhaps overshadowed by the other D men on the team. To me it didn't look like he was far off of 1st rd picks Johannson and Lundvkist and the Bruins got him at #57. What is your opinion on him?

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
Moncton are going to be scary good this year and I look forward to watching this guy play. Seemed like a project when he was drafted and Moncton will be a great place to develop!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad