LD Arseni Koromyslov - SKA-1946, MHL (2022, 120th, STL)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
The more I watch the kid, the more I think, NHL scouts will love him. Good size, very good skating and offensive instincts. Even defensively he isn't that bad, but who cares about defense nowadays?

Reactions: Realgud

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
The more I watch the kid, the more I think, NHL scouts will love him. Good size, very good skating and offensive instincts. Even defensively he isn't that bad, but who cares about defense nowadays?
I think he's good enough defensively for the MHL at least. The only weakness that I'd give him now is maybe top speed. Other than that... damn he's good.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He's probably already the best SKA-1946's defenseman. From one hand, the team's defense is terrible. From the other, though, he's just 16.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He looks really good in the MHL. Both offensively and defensively. Add to this his good size and great skating, and you'll get a solid 1st round pick candidate for 2022 draft. And his dangling ability is a thing of beauty. When he skates with the puck, he looks better, than 80% of the MHL forwards. Kinda reminds me Romanov, but probably with higher upside, especially offensively.

Last edited:
Reactions: grentthealien

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
@Caser can you give us a read on this guy?
I kind of already did in my annual thread :) :

8. LHD Arseny Koromyslov

Koromyslov is an athletic big-framed defenseman with soft hands and long reach, also with a hard shot. Can’t call his skating speed great, but I like his edgework and impressive agility considering his size. Still needs to work in terms of filling out his frame, also I must admit that I view him as a bit too error-prone at the moment, would be important to get rid of that somehow.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
^^^ Ditto on this question.

Anyone able to comment of his development/play away from the puck/etc.

Maybe @Caser has seen him play some?

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
It hard to see someone play when mostly all he does is warming the bench as the 7th D lol.
Haha fair enough, appreciate the info.

He’s still very young for the KHL obviously, think he’ll have a shot at earning a larger role next season or is SKA’s defense already set? Any thoughts on if he has potential to have an NHL career or maybe too early to tell?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad