LD Angus Booth - Shawinigan Cataractes, QMJHL (2022, 116th, LAK)

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018

"Booth is a smart, trustworthy two-way defenseman who showed flashes of reliability on both sides of the puck, notably being deployed on the power play and penalty kill. He highlighted an outstanding focus and passion defensively, and was relied on in important end of the game situations. He communicated with his teammates to adjust their defensive coverage, stayed mostly glued to his man with a great stick placement, boxed out on rebounds and fought for loose pucks. His numerous puck recoveries helped him take charge of the breakout time and time again, where he showcased an excellent vision and swift mobility. Booth didn’t take much risk, preferring to dump out the puck when all of his passing options were neutralized. Although he preferred pushing the pace with his passes, he could jump on the counterattack if opportunities presented themselves. Booth distributed the puck well on the cycle and flashed the ability to step up from the point, but he seemed to panic deep in the offensive zone and didn’t take much advantage of his positioning. Booth is a jack of all trades, master of none. His well-rounded skillet helps him make an impact for his team, but his lack of a distinct trait could hurt his draft stock. I currently see him as a late-round prospect."

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

"Booth is a smart, trustworthy two-way defenseman who showed flashes of reliability on both sides of the puck, notably being deployed on the power play and penalty kill. He highlighted an outstanding focus and passion defensively, and was relied on in important end of the game situations. He communicated with his teammates to adjust their defensive coverage, stayed mostly glued to his man with a great stick placement, boxed out on rebounds and fought for loose pucks. His numerous puck recoveries helped him take charge of the breakout time and time again, where he showcased an excellent vision and swift mobility. Booth didn’t take much risk, preferring to dump out the puck when all of his passing options were neutralized. Although he preferred pushing the pace with his passes, he could jump on the counterattack if opportunities presented themselves. Booth distributed the puck well on the cycle and flashed the ability to step up from the point, but he seemed to panic deep in the offensive zone and didn’t take much advantage of his positioning. Booth is a jack of all trades, master of none. His well-rounded skillet helps him make an impact for his team, but his lack of a distinct trait could hurt his draft stock. I currently see him as a late-round prospect."

Thanks for this!

Reactions: Andy Lehoux

Butch26

Dec 12, 2016
Qc
Was a scout in the Q in his draft year. Was in my top 15. Smooth skater, who wha not strong on his blade at 15, but his play was so mature and simple, both offensively and defensively.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Eligible for Britain?

Probably. He was born in Canada but he has both citizenships.

I don’t know if he feels the same as his brother Callum did at the same age.

If Booth’s international career continues to progress, he does have options. Since he has both British and Canadian citizenship, he would be able to represent Great Britain if the opportunity arose.
But the goaltender has his sights set on just one jersey.
“That’s not even a question for me. I was born and raised here so I’m a Canadian at heart. Wearing the Hockey Canada logo is an honour!”

From London to Montreal

Reactions: PanniniClaus

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
strong start, seems like injuries may have slowed him down a few times. anyone seen gus lately?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad