LD Aidan Hreschuk - Boston College, NCAA (2021, 94th, CAR; traded to CBJ)

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Yes I’ve seen him many times scouting for the WHL bantam draft. Incredibly talented young defender who many scouts had as the top ranked player for the WHL draft. Obviously due to commitment issues he fell to the Cougars in round 5. If by some miracle he commits to the WHL then PG has a ridiculously huge steal on their hands. He doesn’t have all the physical tools of 2nd overall pick Carson Lambos but his intelligence, poise and 2-way ability are very very impressive.

Reactions: snipes and kroypuck

KRSYing

Nov 10, 2018
Oshawa
Is he going to play for the NTDP next season?
Hreschuk is expected to play with the NTDP for the 19-20 season. He is a 100% lock to make the team and would be the #1 defensemen ahead of more well known guys like Luke Hughes. Hreschuk is also a top 10 prospect for the 2021 NHL Draft, my #8 ranked guy but he could very well be higher up than that. He’ll be part of one of the best NTDP d-cores we’ve ever seen. My projected pairings would be:

Hreschuk-R. Schmidt*
L. Hughes-D. Gratton
L. Mittelstadt-J. Martin
S. Behrens

*US/CAN dual citizen, but is committed to play in the NCAA so I’d assume he’s going NTDP

WesternCollegeHockey

Jul 13, 2006
He’ll be part of one of the best NTDP d-cores we’ve ever seen. My projected pairings would be:

Hreschuk-R. Schmidt*
L. Hughes-D. Gratton
L. Mittelstadt-J. Martin
S. Behrens

*US/CAN dual citizen, but is committed to play in the NCAA so I’d assume he’s going NTDP

Wasn't expecting to give this the annual bump this early, but... American Prospect Update Thread - Part 3

Reactions: William H Bonney

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Hreschuk is expected to play with the NTDP for the 19-20 season. He is a 100% lock to make the team and would be the #1 defensemen ahead of more well known guys like Luke Hughes. Hreschuk is also a top 10 prospect for the 2021 NHL Draft, my #8 ranked guy but he could very well be higher up than that. He’ll be part of one of the best NTDP d-cores we’ve ever seen. My projected pairings would be:

Hreschuk-R. Schmidt*
L. Hughes-D. Gratton
L. Mittelstadt-J. Martin
S. Behrens

Care to post those rankings?:)

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA

Hreschuk-R. Schmidt*
L. Hughes-D. Gratton
L. Mittelstadt-J. Martin
S. Behrens

Could you post your rankings please or maybe throw some more details? I'm curious about the 2021 Draft.

Firecracker

Jul 3, 2015

Hreschuk-R. Schmidt*
L. Hughes-D. Gratton
L. Mittelstadt-J. Martin
S. Behrens

Where would you rank Carter Shade?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
20 goals, 15 assists in 30 games this season.

19-20: US National U17 Team, USDP
21-22: Boston College, NCAA

PS. kroypuck, please change the title, its official now that he play's for the U17 team next season

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Admittedly only one viewing, but I don't see the huge hype. Looks like a good prospect, but not a big standout from what I saw. Great skater and passer and adequate defensively. More like a Cam York level prospect than a huge difference maker. I could definitely be off though.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I think Cam York level right now is realistic, although I think it's more difficult to get a read on the '03 defenseman as Hreschuk gets less of an opportunity than a guy like York did because the '03 defense is a lot more talented. Hreschuk gets PP2 time where on almost every other NTDP iteration he'd be QBing the top PP. The '03 d-men are so talented that they roll with 2 d-men on each PP unit, which is fairly uncommon.

I imagine at least 1-2 (Hughes + TBD) of the U17 defenseman will end up promoted to the U18s this season, which should make it a bit easier to get a read on these defenseman individually. The guys that remain with the U17s will get more prominent roles and the guys that get promoted will get to play at higher levels.

Hreshcuk just scored on a pretty snipe.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think I’ve seen enough to say he was significantly overrated by some.

He’s not bad, but more of a second round level guy, in my opinion.

There’s nothing dynamic about his skillset for a 5’11 defenseman. He’s adequate in all zones. Very conservative style of defensemen. He won’t lose you the game or win it for you. His best attributes are his skating and puck moving, but it’s a very balanced skillset.

Reactions: Dominance

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Big fan of Hrescuk and while his opportunities are limited I've loved what I've seen. Love that Los Angeles has another talent coming up.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This guy is really bland. I don't know if he has the potential to be more than a bottom pairing guy in the NHL. Never really even stands out among his own teammates as a top player. I'm waiting to see the early hype, but he either doesn't have the talent to take over a shift or the confidence and instincts. I'm leaning towards it being the former.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Was atrocious at the u18's. Been scouting him since he was a bantam. Seems like a early developer who peaked young. I think he goes later than expected in the 5-7 range. Just an undersized dman who I see being a career fringe nhl/ahl tweener

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad