Czech Republic: Czechs in North America (NHL, AHL, Junior)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Funny, to me, observation. Since announcing he is injured and can't play for us... Zacha had a 2 goal game and was named first start and, tonight, he already has a goal in the first period.lol

Don't get me wrong, I'd stop asking him and just move on but it is pretty funny.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-5-6_19-49-46.png

Since I'm on Zacha... congrats to a career high in goals and points.. he may even catch the assists. All of it done in about 18 less games too!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

First game for Jan Jenik! First goal too!

Nice bonus...

That is the 29th Czech to play one game this season... we also have had 5 goalies (Mrazek, Vanecek, Rittich, Vladar and Korenar) play at least one game to bump it to 34 guys on the season with at least one game.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

All I'm saying.. if Korenar is coming, Jan better be sitting beside him on the plane!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Jaromir Pytlik has signed in Finland for the next 2 seasons. He played a grand total of 12 games this season in 4 different places... not really good for development. Hope he gets a good look in the Liiga and play a full season. I do thin he's an NHLer one day but not a tippy top one like I think Jenik will be.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Filip Chlapik has gone from the Extraliga to NHL to AHL to Liiiga back to the Extraliga.

Him and Karabacek should sit down in summer and see if they can't get their games together!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Rough start to the playoffs.. Caps vs B's had so much Czech potential!

Kempny is still hurt
O Kase is out
Jakub Zboril is out
Jakub Vrana got traded and is in Latvia
Vladar lost his job to Swayman (who is excellent)
Vanecek got hurt in the first period of his first playoff start.

Pastrnak and Krejci are still great!

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So ho many czechs you reckon will be drafted?
Tough to say because they are all projected for rounds 3 to 5. Sometimes those guys don't get taken at all.

Svozil in round 2. Brabenec in round 4. Then it's a guess. I'll say 2 of our goalies and 3 more guys... so I guess 7? Surprised Rysavy was so low but the U18 did not help our cause at all. It is neat to see that we have a 50-50 split of D and Forwards on this list.

upload_2021-5-28_12-11-18.png

Reactions: Jablkon

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, I was hoping he could've snuck in a game when Vancouver was depleted but instead, he' soff to Finland. Lukas Jasek is gone to the Liiga... the Liiga is starting to get a lot of good Czechs IMO. I think he'll do better than Chlapik and worse than Spacek. That is my scale. Still mad my 2 fav non upper tier prospects (D. Kase and M. Spacek) are back in Europe! And Masin and Musil!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-6-15_11-19-18.png

I think they slept on Hertl personally. Big C with a nice comeback season. I'd even argue he is our 2nd best forward behind Pasta. 43 pts in 50 games for a lousy SJ team. I'm not sure what more he needs to do?

The other concern is that I see 10 players.. 1 is a goalie, 1 is a D. Of the remaining 8, we have 7 wingers. Krejci is a legit C. Necas is drafted as one but I 'think' he was more wing this season.

Also surprised no Zacha love.

On the other hand.. it's a very impressive list of players for a non big 5 and we are very lucky we have these guys and most of them are young! Cannot wait to see how many we cut for Extraliga players at the best on best Olympics.haha

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-6-15_11-24-29.png

Here is the rest... It gets thin quick.lol I'm in shock Chytil was so low.

I also think I have my answer. We will cut an NHLer for Jakub Flek.. then we'll put him in the Top 6 against NHler's and blame his linemates for a lack of offence. FTR>.. I enjoyed Flek a lot at the World's but just foreshadowing a trend in Czech coaching.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Jakub Pour signed with Chicago Blackhawks.
I am shocked by this but nice bonus. Hawks have a lot of Czechs in the wings right now:

Kubalik
Kampf
Krutil
Chalupa
Pour
Teply
And I think there is another Dman as well but I could be wrong.

NJ Fan 12

Jun 23, 2020
Power tops Central Scouting North American rankings for 2021 NHL Draft

Upcoming draft won't be the best.. Svozil is rated 16th in Europe.. he will be a 2nd rounder (I hope) then Brabenec will be a 4th or 5th (I hope).

The goalies are funny because our U20 starter Nick Malik is the third highest Czech and looks to be going undrafted. Maybe he's not that good?

Malik didn't get drafted but Jakub Marek did. Is there something the Devils' scouts know that the coaches from the Czech U20 program missed or is this more based on projecting where Malek's game will be in the future?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Malik didn't get drafted but Jakub Marek did. Is there something the Devils' scouts know that the coaches from the Czech U20 program missed or is this more based on projecting where Malek's game will be in the future?
Malik is a bona-fide one in Czech circles but a non contender everywhere else. This WJC will be the third in a row where we play him and bench drafted goalies

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad