Czech team

Status
Not open for further replies.

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
On the paper this team was very strong but the results are very unimpressive.
I was not able to watch no one game as no one Czech TV channel televised tournament so Would someone be able to tell me more about play of Czech team at the tournament?
Many players had big healthy trouble. Mainly flu symptoms. For example Jakub Sindel almost didn´t play at the tournament due to be sick at all.

chicpea*

czechhockeyfan said:
On the paper this team was very strong but the results are very unimpressive.
I was not able to watch no one game as no one Czech TV channel televised tournament so Would someone be able to tell me more about play of Czech team at the tournament?
Many players had big healthy trouble. Mainly flu symptoms. For example Jakub Sindel almost didn´t play at the tournament due to be sick at all.

I was not impressed by Jiri Hudler at all. He made some poor decisions.
I thought Schwarz played well all tournament and, although he was pulled in both games against Canada, the goals were not his fault. In fact, if not for him, the games could have been blowouts.

Olesz looked okay, as did Fleischmann.
Some reports said the team was not getting along very well. Who knows if this is true or not? Probably not.

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
chicpea said:
I was not impressed by Jiri Hudler at all. He made some poor decisions.
I thought Schwarz played well all tournament and, although he was pulled in both games against Canada, the goals were not his fault. In fact, if not for him, the games could have been blowouts.

Olesz looked okay, as did Fleischmann.
Some reports said the team was not getting along very well. Who knows if this is true or not? Probably not.

In case of this team I think itś not true.

I would say development of some players(Koreis, Vagner, Kreps) is slower than was expected.

What about Kaspar? Is he possible first rounder in 2004 Draft?

teme

Feb 28, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
I watched Czech - Finland on TV, and their games against Slovakia an Canada live. They are displined and skilled, but they have almost no toughness (mental or physical) what so ever. No offence, but their game against Canada was a disgrace.

On invidual level, Hudler is on and off, when he is on he looks great and when he is off he coasts. Smid (sp?) is supposed to be a highly ranked dman, but he hasn't really shown anything. He is not that strong nor does he do anything that special on offence, quite frankly I have no idea what the fuss is about. Oleczs was good, he is simply unmoveable when he parks in front of the net and his hands are phenomenal. Another guy I like is Kanko, the little bugger is so dirty I can't help but love him, for example Slovak dmen tended to mysteriously fall on their back when he passed the front of the net without the ref or anyone else noticing anything. And he can score too.

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
Well, they are still playing for a medal. I think that's pretty good considering that most people would have agreed that Canada and USA are clearly 1-2 this year.

I thought they would finish 4th behind Russia when the tournament started and they still can finish 3rd. Were you expecting a gold? Or are you just displeased with the scores. :dunno:

eh

Team Czech Rep hasn't impressed me and I don't think they even deserve to play for the medals. Jiri Hudler has spent more energy complaining to the refs than on playing. Canada destroyed them twice and whilst the game against Finland was a close one, it wouldn't have been with better finishing by Team Finland.

Smid has been the best defenseman of the team IMHO. He sometimes makes mistakes, but that's OK for an underaged rookie on this level. He skates well, passes well, has at least an ok shot and is able and willing to take the body, too which can't be said about many players in the team.

With the exception of a couple of easy goals, Schwarz has been really good. I like Kanko too, if he'd be half a foot taller, he'd be a good power forward.

Olesz has been really impressive, I hope his career won't go bad with all the concussions. He's a complete package.

Even though the team played much more like a Team than Team Russia for example, they haven't had the same kind of attitude as the top three teams of the tournament have. They can outskill any opponent, but they don't work hard enough to do so. Team Finland has only one or two forwards who could make the top three lines in the Czech team, but still they managed to win them, and most probably will manage to win them again tomorrow.

PavelBure

Jan 5, 2003
edmonton
I think that one of the best players on the team in this years tournament was Ovcacik.

I also thought Nemec did not too bad.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Schwartz is a tremendous athlete but he needs alot of work. way too much movement in the crease, and pucks going thru him too often. he really leaves alot in the five hole. If he improves with coaching he has the chance to be special.

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
Schwarz is definitly a great goalie in the making he has a few problems letting in easy saves and as other people noted, moves a little too much in his own crease but if he gets those problems taken care of, watch out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->