Czech Republic's final roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Team Czech Republic's final roster, announced this morning.

Goalies : Milan Hnilička (Liberec), Tomáš Vokoun (IFK Helsinky/Fin.), Adam Svoboda (Norimberk/Něm.)

Defensemen : Tomáš Kaberle (Kladno), Jiří Å légr (Litvínov), Jaroslav Å paček (Slavia), Jiří Fischer (Liberec), Pavel Kubina (Vítkovice), FrantiÅ¡ek Kaberle (MoDo Hockey/Å véd.), Jan Hejda (CSKA Moskva/Rus.), Marek Židlický (IFK Helsinky/Fin.),

Forwards : David Výborný, Jan Hlaváč (oba Sparta), Radim Vrbata (Liberec), Radek Dvořák, Václav Prospal (oba České Budějovice), AleÅ¡ Hemský, Petr Průcha (oba Pardubice), Josef Vašíček (Slavia), Martin Ručinský (Litvínov), Martin Straka
(Plzeň ), Václav Varaďa (Vítkovice), Petr Čajánek (Zlín), Petr Sýkora (Magnitogorsk/Rus.), Jaromír Jágr (Omsk/Rus.).

Vyborny will wear the C, and Vokoun is the team's no.1 goalie.

Ruzicka released Kotalik, Pilar and Martin Havlat.

Streaker-man

Oct 7, 2004
Finland
Ummm, who´s the number one goalie. According to what I´ve seen Svoboda looks hellova good compared to Hnilicka and Vokoun ;)

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
cyclops said:
I like the defense most of all honestly.

Same here! Great defense.

Now, who of the Czech A team isn't here? Elias, Lang, Hejduk, Slegr, Hasek, Reichel (he wasn't invited, right?). Who are the others?

espo*

TORRUS said:
Same here! Great defense.

Now, who of the Czech A team isn't here? Elias, Lang, Hejduk, Slegr, Hasek, Reichel (he wasn't invited, right?). Who are the others?
Reichel is not an 'a' list guy for them anymore imo.Havlat to me is the oversight.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Reichel is not an 'a' list guy for them anymore imo.Havlat to me is the oversight.

well havlat was given a chance, and apparently played like complete crap...so he was cut. In a short tournament, i guess you dont' want to have to wait for players to decide they want to play hard

espo*

Levitate said:
well havlat was given a chance, and apparently played like complete crap...so he was cut. In a short tournament, i guess you dont' want to have to wait for players to decide they want to play hard
Is the word going around that he just played like he did'nt care if he was there or not?If so,yeah....i'd cut him too_On talent alone he should make the cut,talent does'nt always cut it though....ya gotta compete.

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
Levitate said:

Havlat played crap ALL season and the training camp of the national side only proved it. This year was just horrible for him and Růžička did the right thing by throwing him out. What I don´t understand is the absence of Erat and especially Bulis :madfire: But Hlaváč, who had a s.hitty season with Sparta, is there. Řučinský is also a surprise for me. He has´nt played for three months and is not 100% fit after a stomach injury. I don´t doubt his skills - he is a great player - but it is not that long ago that Růžička said he will only take in-form and healthy players :dunno: I have a feeling that their friendship played quite a role in his nomination.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Who cares if Havlat played poorly he is the second most talented player after Jagr in the camp. You dont cut guys like that you bring them along until there game turns around. Thats like Nash having a bad year then Canada not picking him its stupid.

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
bert said:
Who cares if Havlat played poorly he is the second most talented player after Jagr in the camp. You dont cut guys like that you bring them along until there game turns around. Thats like Nash having a bad year then Canada not picking him its stupid.

Sure. That is your opinion. Keep it. But let me remind you that you have not seen him play. A sorry sight. Or have you?

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
I think they did well by kicking Havlat out. This tourney is for players who are good NOW, not for players who will be good in a month/year/decade...

The coach picks the best squad now to win, he doesnt pick players on the basis of talent or what they have done.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Who cares if Havlat played poorly he is the second most talented player after Jagr in the camp. You dont cut guys like that you bring them along until there game turns around.

Like i said, i don't think it's a good idea to "bring a guy along until their game turns around" in a short tournament. If we were talking about a complete hockey season, then yes...but can the czech team in this tournament afford to wait until Havlat gets his crap together? He's apparently played like this for awhile now so how long are they going to wait?

espo*

12# Peter Bondra said:
I think they did well by kicking Havlat out. This tourney is for players who are good NOW, not for players who will be good in a month/year/decade...

The coach picks the best squad now to win, he doesnt pick players on the basis of talent or what they have done.
That's true.Short tournament,ya need people going well now....little time for gambles of "well,he's gotta turn his game around"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad