U18: Czech Republic WJC U18 Roster Talk

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
After the nightmare start, it turned out to be pretty decent tournament for the Czechs. Don't think they could have asked for a better opponent in the quaterfinals, Sweden this year is not the Sweden of past years (hence I didn't understand the pessimism in the posts above.) I missed the first half of the game when we went down 0:3, however the in the second one I thought we outplayed Sweden for most part. Too bad we got that late penalty, negating pretty much any final pressure we could have had (and they didn't even show a replay of the penalty, what happened there?)

I expected more from Teply, should have been a difference maker and he wasn't one. But he got better as the tournament went. The Pytlik decision remains stupid and who knows, maybe he was the one missing piece from beating Swedes.

I don't think we will have as good chance to medal in the next two years at least as this year, although it should be said that even if we did got into the semifinal, we would play Canada and then one of USA/Russia. In my opinion those three teams are the clear top 3 of the tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad