U18: Czech Republic WJC U18 Roster Talk

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Your coach must be smoking something to not bring one of if not the top player of the age group over. No other country would make such a decision unless the player was too exceptional ( played U20 wjc ) etc.
Sweden already has

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Your coach must be smoking something to not bring one of if not the top player of the age group over. No other country would make such a decision unless the player was too exceptional ( played U20 wjc ) etc.
Sweden made the same decision this year with Gunler. Which really can't be used as an excuse though, not taking Pytlik is just bad.
I truly don't think Pytlik would make much difference, I expect us to get embarassed just like every year, but I do expect our coach to use Pytlik's absence as an excuse if that indeed happens. Also, no Pytlik means more ice time for his grandson I guess.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Sweden made the same decision this year with Gunler. Which really can't be used as an excuse though, not taking Pytlik is just bad.
I truly don't think Pytlik would make much difference, I expect us to get embarassed just like every year, but I do expect our coach to use Pytlik's absence as an excuse if that indeed happens. Also, no Pytlik means more ice time for his grandson I guess.

True , but Sweden can afford afford such as loss more than Czech Republic. He would make a difference imo.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sadly, this isn't even that unprecedented in Czech hockey. They really like 6th place. They remind me of my Oiler's where they will trade away a skill player for one with 'grit' or 'character' (eg. Eberle for Spooner, Hall for Larsson, Caggiula for Manning) and then they don't have enough skill to keep up!

The coach has always been an idiot and done this. He once cut Jan Hejda from the Olympics (during a career year) to play his son in law who was in the extraliga. Ironically, that very same son in law gave him a grandson who happens to be on this time. Barinka. I'm convinced this decision gives Barinka more ice time.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Anyone have a legal stream? I thought all the games were being broadcast this year? Czech twitter sends me to a Russian site that doesn't work.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Wait, is anyone really surprised? The whole purpose of this WJC is to revive the non-existing chance of Barinka to get drafted.
I wish the junior tournaments got more attention from media, Hadamczik should get eaten alive, unless a drastic change in our play happens.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Wait, is anyone really surprised? The whole purpose of this WJC is to revive the non-existing chance of Barinka to get drafted.
I wish the junior tournaments got more attention from media, Hadamczik should get eaten alive, unless a drastic change in our play happens.

Surprised, no. Disgusted, yes. You look at our talent pool this year, then you look to see how Hadamczak is playing and it's my worst nightmares all over again. This is his trademark...

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
So, propably no quarterfinal this year, more like we are going against Latvia in relegation.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
So, propably no quarterfinal this year, more like we are going against Latvia in relegation.
We will beat Switzerland, I don't fear that (not sure if that's a really good thing though, a slap in the face as relegation round might be needed.) But that will be our only win of the tournament.

Reactions: Czechboy

Renmar

Nov 23, 2018
Krnov
We will beat Switzerland, I don't fear that (not sure if that's a really good thing though, a slap in the face as relegation round might be needed.) But that will be our only win of the tournament.
And I had pretty high expectations from this group. Not sure if the players are not that good as I expected or it's Hadamczik.... pretty disappointed.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Where is Barinka? Mysak at 13. Pytlik at home watching. Hmm...

Plain stupidity. If Mysak had the very same season but had in his passport birthyear 2001 he'd be in TOP6 for sure. I hate this czech mentality. Not surprising in Hadamczik's case at all though.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
And I had pretty high expectations from this group. Not sure if the players are not that good as I expected or it's Hadamczik.... pretty disappointed.
I thought we'd beat Belarus clean. Have a OTL or win against Swiss in a very close game. Then get blownout once and have a close game with the other team that didn't blow us out. We are on a collision course now with first in the other group. Next Thursday, assuming we get there, should be 'fun'.

No need for Mysak or Pytlik... shoot me!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
IIHF - The future to watch

This is amazing.. this is a preview of 'players to watch'... here is the quote about the Czech team prospects:

However, if you ask anyone in the Czech scene who the most exciting U20 Czech player is, you’re going to hear the name Jan Mysak. Just 16 and eligible for the 2020 draft, Mysak spent most of the season with Litvinov in the Czech Extraliga. There, he put up eight goals and 16 points in 37 games. When he suited up with the program’s U19 team, he simply toyed with the league, collecting 29 points in 13 games. Impressive for anyone, but we’re talking about a 16-year old here. Wherever he ends up playing next season, he is THE player on this team who the scouts will be observing the closest. There’s much indicating that Mysak will become a household name.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
I thought we'd beat Belarus clean. Have a OTL or win against Swiss in a very close game. Then get blownout once and have a close game with the other team that didn't blow us out. We are on a collision course now with first in the other group. Next Thursday, assuming we get there, should be 'fun'.

No need for Mysak or Pytlik... shoot me!
Belarus is better than Switzerland this year, I think they won't go down easy even against Canada or Finland. Still, Czechs should have won today. No excuse for that shit we had to watch.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Was watching the intermission of Liberec/Trinec and they actually talked about the U18.. the commentator admitted he didn't watch it. Then they went on about how Mysak is probably the best player citing that he played the most Extraliga games (which seems like a good measure) and were shocked he didn't get played. No mention of the fact we left Pytlik behind. I agree with Wooren.. a much bigger spotlight needs to be put on the federation, coaches and these youth tourneys because it seems like the Czech Old Boys Club do whatever they want without much feedback or criticism. The same guys have been running it for a decade with the same 6th place results.. the same problems happen at U18, U20 and Senior team. Need a shakeup at the management level.. new voices, new ideas and a clear plan.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I can't find a stream anywhere but we are up 2-0... Mysak on line 2 and that is the line with both goals. Barinka has 2 points so Plan A is working.

While browsing I saw that Belarus also beat the Finns!!!! They went up 4-0 before winning 4-3. That makes my outrage from 2 days ago a little better.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
So we play Sweden in the quarters. Not sure we beat them.
They are definitely the favourite. I'm absolutely thrilled it isnt America so it is a beat case scenario... But I'd say 80 percent chance Sweden wins

Reactions: Swipes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->